Problem applying nclex in california - page 5
by jrmRN | 75,739 Views | 150 Comments
hello, i am an foreign graduate and an RN from philippines. i migrated here in california last nov 11 and was planning to take nclex here but when i submit all my requirements they told me that i am not eligible to take the nclex... Read More
- 0Sep 27, '12 by KuyafernEarly 2012 there have been many, and I mean many graduates who applied outside Ca. States like Nevada, New York, Michigan, Hawaii, Florida, Vermont etc. But just recently there has been an increasing number of students who were told to be ineligble to take the exam mostly because of concurrency issues. Nevada recently enforced the requirements, and required applicants to take up classes just like Ca. Vermont now requires an SSN and a license and when I called them they required atleast 2 years experience. A lot eh? I believe Washington state also gave an applicant a list of schools to meet the subjects they lack. If you search the forum you will see that Flodia, New Jersey, and New York have started to deny applicant.
You options now are;
1. Take the subjects that the states are asking. Majority are OB clinicals, Physical Assessment, and Medical Surgical. Now it is important to have your papers evaluated first and get a report from the state that states the subjects you lack in. Don't apply for classes OTHERS were asked to enroll because INDIVIDUALLY, we have certain subjects we lack.
2. Take the LVN route, and make money. A lot of applicants have successfully gotten an ATT. i know a good number taking their exam this October and November. They've informed me that once they have enough money they will take an LVN-RN route. I believe it is 30 units give or take.
3. Continue to apply in other states. I personally chose this route because I believe that I have a Bachelor's degree for a reason. I worked too hard to get this far., late nights working on case reports and sometimes even doing them by myself. repeated revisions, getting hit by instruments on my first OR duty, all the expenses of going to different hospitals in different cities for clinicals, fighting over surgeries because it was so difficult even getting 1 case per rotation, paying for my completion duties, even though in the end they were non concurrent. I can't pass the opportunity of these open doors to close and God knows when they will open again.
Trust your struggles.
Quote from guiatorresI am really sad about this. seriously. I am processing my NCLEX applications only to find this out because a friend told me about this issue and I, of course researched how true this is. Just a question though, do you know of anybody who applied recently that was approved to take the NCLEX exams? Because if that's the case, I would just stop my application. It is big money too. and I can't afford to waste it. :-(
- 0Sep 28, '12 by KuyafernQuote from handsomenurse2012I haven't received my ATT yet, it's been 4 months waiting for CGFNS. I don't hold a license in the Philippines because my parents were told that a license is required. Well that's true to California and majority of states. Sadly my parents didn't believe me when I told them about the concurrency issue and forced me to come back and start applying. Well now they know and they're finally letting me do things my own way.kuyafern. how was it? did you take your nclex in nevada ryt? how was your credentials? are they approved? did you also include your license in the philippines in cgfns?
- 0Oct 9, '12 by ferlijoyHello! I do have the same problem too. I am now residing here in San Diego with my husband. We are trying to find a school here where I can do that additional course work that the CA BON required. But the problem is no school here accepting just to take specific course, they all want me to take the whole nursing program which I believe it will take another 4 years for me again. 4 Years because I still need to take the pre-requisite and the English subject here. They are not accepting English subject from foreign country. Did anyone here can help me? Anyone know where school I can go, where I can no longer start from the scratch..Thank you so much any help I really appreciate it. I am so frustrated and loosing hope... God bless us
- 0Oct 9, '12 by KuyafernI believe there is Mount St Mary College and National University in LA. Some had the opportunity to enroll. I'm not 100 percent sure if they still don't have a waiting list. Good luck to you.
Some who were denied, chose to take another 4 years of school to meet the requirements and some were able to enroll just the required subjects. You can read their stories here. http://allnurses.com/nurse-registrat...35-page59.html
Quote from ferlijoyHello! I do have the same problem too. I am now residing here in San Diego with my husband. We are trying to find a school here where I can do that additional course work that the CA BON required. But the problem is no school here accepting just to take specific course, they all want me to take the whole nursing program which I believe it will take another 4 years for me again. 4 Years because I still need to take the pre-requisite and the English subject here. They are not accepting English subject from foreign country. Did anyone here can help me? Anyone know where school I can go, where I can no longer start from the scratch..Thank you so much any help I really appreciate it. I am so frustrated and loosing hope... God bless us
- 0Oct 10, '12 by mcc1i just recieve a letter from BON today and found not eligible to take the NCLEX...so dissappionted with this concurrecy issue..
Anyone here tried to apply to other states ?this cocurrency issue is only in california?bec im trying to apply in other states hoping anf praying for this matter..any suggestion will appreciated....Godbless to allLast edit by mcc1 on Oct 10, '12
- 0Oct 10, '12 by steppybayQuote from mcc1Just stay away from 15 current States with the enforcement policy:Did you guys tried to apply to other states?or this concurrency issue is just from califronia issue only?bec im planning to apply to other states..i appreciate for you any suggestion.thanks and Godbless to us..
Don't be surprised as time goes on, the list will grow to double if not more soon.