New grad Filipino nurse wanting to work in Australia/New Zealand Part 2 - Page 874Register Today!
- May 14, '12 by iamnomadand are Philippine passport holders eligible for label-free travel (457 visa)? that is, no visa stamped on the passport?
- May 14, '12 by bobby123Quote from iamnomadSorry, I just realised that the rules might have changed. I'll get back to this question in mid July. I'll be in Manila then. Back in 2010 whilst on a 457 visa, we were only told to pay for travel tax and terminal fee. It wasn't our first time to leave the country though.I am in the Philippines right now. So you did not get an OEC? Were you questioned by the Philippine immigration?
- May 14, '12 by iamnomadQuote from bobby123if I go to Australia for work, it will not be my first time to leave the country either. I work in the US and I'm on vacation right now. But since POEA rules somewhat differ from those going to USA and Australia, I don't know what the process is like. Also in Australia, obviously it's a different employer so different OEC/POEA application.Sorry, I just realised that the rules might have changed. I'll get back to this question in mid July. I'll be in Manila then. Back in 2010 whilst on a 457 visa, we were only told to pay for travel tax and terminal fee. It wasn't our first time to leave the country though.
- May 14, '12 by bobby123Quote from iamnomadYou don't need your passport labelled as per DIAC BUT that's Australian rules. Whether Philippine Immigration have the same access re immigration/visa status is a risk I am not happy to take. It's easy to have your passport labelled, just visit one of their offices in the state you are working in and bring the email that has your visa approval on it.and are Philippine passport holders eligible for label-free travel (457 visa)? that is, no visa stamped on the passport?
- May 14, '12 by cummulushello everyone!
for those IHNA peeps, are you required to provide a reference letter and if yes, how many? will one from a head nurse do? upon submission of your app, did IHNA get back to you right away and interviewed you guys? do they have an app fee?
and which one is better? ihna melbourne or perth? tia
- May 14, '12 by marklouiemarcoHello fellow nurses! Just a random question. Was there anyone here from the Philippines who was declined or let's say not approved for an LOE? Well considering that all schools in the Philippines have the same curriculum. The reason behind my question actually is because the outcome of my application will come out mid-May accdg to my case officer and if I'm not mistaken, tomorrow will be the start of "mid-May". I'm a bit worried about my application.
Another question: If the case officer has already submitted your application to the people who will decide for your application, does that mean that you have already submitted all the necessary papers in order for your application to push through?
Thanks in advance! :-)
- May 14, '12 by marklouiemarcoBy the way, I've been waiting for 10 months now. Seriously, this is not good but patience is a virtue. It really is.
- May 14, '12 by ned1968Quote from AlinaMathewHello Alina,I am for June 4th intake at perth IHNA.
I am for June 4th intake as well at Perth Campus. Are you done with your vaccinations? Where are you from by the way? I have problems securing serology test for DTAP (DPT).
- May 14, '12 by ned1968Quote from grasyosaYour information is much appreciated. I have problems securing serology test for DTAP (DPT). I went to several diagnostic centers but they said that theyare still working for DTAP (DPT) to be available here in cebu. TIAI think it is also not available in Cebu..I'd ask from a friend who willl be starting her BP this Monday and I'd let you know..You are planning to take Bp in Melbourne ayt? Just to confirm, meningococcal vaccine is not a requirement. Am i right?
- May 14, '12 by Noelle18Quote from cummulusI filed my visa application last March 26 through VIA Cebu. Almost 2 months of processing already. But part of it is my fault, I didn't do the medical exams immediately. Hehe. How about you?hi noelle! they say the visa processing usually takes 14 days or so. when did you file yours? did you do it thru VIA? don't worry, yours will come anytime soon i thought you were in the april intake of acfe