New grad Filipino nurse wanting to work in Australia/New Zealand Part 2 - Page 1020Register Today!
- Jul 16, '12 by ladydee-rnQuote from lamarismHI LAMARISM I'm not yet done with the ARNTP. . I'm for October intake . . . I'm currently applying for my visa. . .But here is the experience of LEEROSS who have undergone the ARNTP last October . .Hi, ladydee-rn
I read in this forum that you were a student at UNISA for the ARNTP. Would you be so kind as to describe your experience and the outcome of it? I'm really interested in enrolling for the ARNTP and first hand feedback would be greatly appreciated. =)
Quote from leerossHi. Im currently undertaking the ARNTP program here in UniSA south aus which started last october 5 and will be finishing febuary next year. Its an 18 wk program. So easy to get through for as long as u got the complete requriements which includes 2 years experience minimum. The university is conducting the program twice a year.Quote from leerossSorry but i only have a little understanding with the iron and 0 idea with the rest. All i know is that they are all pathways in becoming a nurse here. ARNTP is divided into three subjects. 5 weeks for the professional issues in australia, which is about ethics, comptencies, standards indigenpus health in aus etc. We fjust fi ished it last week. This week until dec 18, we are studying med surge. And from dec 18- jan2, christmas break. Jan 3 - feb26 clinical placement and after that, if we pass, we are already eligible for registration. ARNTP is actually a recognized bridging program by AHPRA. We are currently 23 in class and majority are filipinos. For my tuition fee, i paid 14,200 dollars but i can say its really worth it because the equipment that we use in the labs are all sophisticated. The set up in the labs are also the same with that of the hospital setting. One more thing, the uni is not that fuzzy and strict when it comes to app,ication. Actually i have my classmates now who are not yet assessed by AHPRA but they were admitted by the uni. You just have to have 7 or higher ilets score and two years minimum experience.
LAMARISM Here is the link for the virtual tour of the campus and Unisa's facilities . . http://w3.unisa.edu.au/health/VirtualTours/index.html . .You can also find some testimonials there. . I hope these have help you . . .Good luck. .
- Jul 16, '12 by kristine99Hi jambala! It's so nice to learn of you and zdane! I guess we will all be seeing each other this August. I'm excited to meet you guys. I was going to PM you my mobile number, but I couldn't send private messages yet as I don't have enough posts at allnurses. Can you PM me your number? That is if you don't mind. It would be nice just to get in touch with you. I am in contact with zdane now. How are you feeling right now that the bridging course is fast approaching? Are you all done with your preparations, i.e winter gear, accommodation, plane ticket, etc.?
- Jul 16, '12 by jambalahi aila61! the case officer emailed me after a week, to have my medical exam.. Filed my visa through the VIA center Makati.. ;-)
- Jul 16, '12 by nicole.zaHello. Anyone who knows of a recruitment agency that offers overseas nurses loans to do their bridging program and the nurse pays when they are employed? I'm struggling to raise my tuition fees :-(
- Jul 16, '12 by marklouiemarcoQuote from nicole.zaPhilman through AG finance. Look it upHello. Anyone who knows of a recruitment agency that offers overseas nurses loans to do their bridging program and the nurse pays when they are employed? I'm struggling to raise my tuition fees :-(
Sent from my iPhone using allnurses.com
- Jul 16, '12 by jedfortQuote from vitug.annieHello, i haven't lodge my application yet in etea but probably i wont make it by sept am thinking of january instead.hi!do you have your letter of offer freom etea now?
- To; Vitug.annie
Are you bound for ETEA's intake? when is your intake? thanks.. have you lodged your visa already? thanks...
- anyone here bound for ETEA's october 2012 intake? please leave a comment.. or pm me for updates..
- when is your intake ? and what school are you enrolled in? thanks...
- Jul 16, '12 by pringxoxoQuote from zdaneYou have to finish the bridge course before the expiration date but I suggest you ask your case registration offer regarding this matter.
However, I think it may depend on where you lodged your papers.. Some states allow you to complete the course beyond the expiration date as long as it commences within the validity period and some don't. I know of people who lodged in Victoria and asked for extension as the completion dates of their BP course will go beyond the expiry date of their LOE, both of them were declined. I had mine in Qld and my LOE was only until June 2012 but I was able to have it extended until November 2012.
Thank you very much. Did you process all your documents and visa all by yourself? Sadly, I passed my docs in Victoria, and while others are waiting so much in vain, I had mine processed within a month (which for me is not so good because I am still working here in SG).. *sigh.. I already email my case officer. I hope I could extend it for another 2 months.