New CRNE assessmentRegister Today!
- by forever24 Jul 2, '12Hi, I completed my documents for RN last March 2012. Any idea how long will it take for CNO to complete the assesssment for me to prepare for the exam. Any recent updates? thanks.
- 714 Views
- Jul 2, '12 by janfrnThere's no way to accurately predict that. It depends on a lot of factors:
- where you're coming from (the country where you were educated)
- where you've been in between graduation and now (the country or countries where you have worked since graduation)
- how complete your application is when you submit it (many people submit incomplete applications and the College has to engage in a lot of communication to obtain all the necessary information to proceed)
- how quickly schools, agencies, employers and registries return requested documentation (all documentation must be provided directly from the source, you can't go pick it up from them and mail it in yourself)
- whether or not you'll require SEC (that will depend on where you were educated and how it compares to Canadian nursing education)
- how many applications are ahead of you in the queue (there are only so many staffers assessing applications so their workload has a bearing on the speed of processing)
... and any number of other specific unique factors that may relate to YOUR application.
- Jul 3, '12 by forever24hi, I completed all the documents they need from school, employers, licensing body from Philippines and Middle East last march of this year. I was even convinced to submit my application for RPN. I called CNO they told me it will take 20 weeks for the assessment, where in fact my RN assessment took just 12 weeks. So strange.