Nevada NCLEX (New) Requirement Physical Assessment Course for Foreign Graduates - page 8
by jinxedminx | 18,464 Views | 100 Comments
hello, although i come here often, i'm not a very active poster because i saw how bad some arguments end up. but i felt this information was very important to share with all of you. i am a bsn graduate from the philippines and i... Read More
- 0Oct 15, '12 by heyprincessheyI'm quite confused with the application procedure. Please help me, I've got a few questions. AT present, my school submitted all the necessary requirements for CGFNS Evaluation, CGFNS status claims that they have not received any.
1. From what I undestood, Nevada requires us to have IELTS/TOEFL certification? After completing it, where are we supposed to mail the results of the proficiency Exam? Is it with CGFNS or with the NV-BON?
2. I have not submitted an application to NV-BON. Should I do that now while waiting for my CGFNS evaluation?
3. Is it better to be physically present in Nevada for the fingerprinting or can I just send them that?
Thanks a lot! Your replies will be very much appreciated.
- 1Oct 15, '12 by steppybayCredit goes to Starleviosa, who got thru the NV BON, but also recognize that this was just before NV started to look closer at the same concurrency problem (of the other 14 or so States), so proceed with caution, knowing this factor and that any and all fees sent are non-refundable, whether or not, you get approved or rejected.
1. ordered cgfns-ces online. $335. you can choose to have the $500 expedited one, you'll have results in 10 days. i just took the regular one.
2. corresponded with my school so they can forward my transcript and breakdown of hours in my subjects needed by cgfns.
3. livescan fingerprinting $65. and mailed my application downloaded from the nevada brn website. $100
4. scheduled my english proficiency exam. i took the toefl $175. you can also take ielts. i chose toefl because i have to wait 2 months for the next available date in ielts, while with toefl i was able to take it in a week.
5. afterwhich cgfns notified me that my credentials were already sent to nv brn, i contacted the board and asked about my application.
6. they said im eligible and told me to pay $200 at pearsonvue.com/nclex whenever im ready. once you pay, you're required to take it within 3 months.
Good luck everyone!
- 0Oct 20, '12 by perioddramaOf note, starting Jan. 1, 2013, for internationally educated graduates, "The Education Advisory Committee approved the International Graduate Policy which will require that applicants obtain licensure in their country of nursing education in order to become eligible to take the NCLEX for licensure in Nevada." source
- 0Oct 24, '12 by heyprincessheyWe've been hearing that concurrency issues are now being raised in NV specifically that which includes a PA subject. I'm quite sure that most of us who are educated in foreign countries may have a major subject which has a different course title or wherein PA was incorporated. I was just wondering, are we in the position to speak to our CGFNS evaluators regarding that or inquire about the status of our CES reports? Heeeheee.
- 0Nov 14, '12 by Kuyafernkjcarlos, if you don't have a license in the country you were trained you should send your application asap because starting by january 2013, Nevada will require proof of licensure. Jinxedminx and a couple of friends will be taking certain courses such as OB and medsurg in a school.
Quote from KjcarlosHello jinxedminx! Are you taking the certain courses they are asking you to take? Im planning to apply in nevada bon as i had been declined here in california. Its heart breaking so i really wanna make sure bout the next step i would take. My other option is texas!
- 0Dec 1, '12 by konohaHello guys..
As being part of this thread for a short while - when I was just in the state of applying for NV NCLEX, I'd like to update you guys, of this great news..
I passed the exam already at 150 qs. I've taken it just today and checked the NV BON website, and I'm already an RN.. I'm so thankful, so just wanna share that hopefully this situation of ours will turn into gems of patience and determination..
To God be the glory. Also remember if we knock on his door, He will surely answer.