Meeting APHRA requirements as a International Trained Nurse from the Philippines - Page 208Register Today!
- Jan 13 by pinayNars02Quote from ceridwynWow you remembered my post. I was moved to Feb intake, which is the slot where I originally applied for.Its a shame that ACFE does not have their accommodation assistance for students. Oh, they do, but its too far from the college and very expensive.Thought you were for January intake?
- Jan 13 by ceridwynThere is backpackers in elizabeth street, in the city not far and it is only for 4 weeks, is not that long. You can pay a bit more for single room.
I would be surprised if they are running a January group, as still no sign of their accreditation, since september 30th 012, unlike ETEA, where AHPRA have stated they have extensions and name the groups that have been okayed. Hopefully it is there for february.
- Jan 14 by myzz_kartheiserhi im a newbie here. Need ur help. Been reading posts yet im still getting confused on how to start. Been working as an Accident and Emergency staff nurse here in UAE for the past 5 yrs, with HAAd, Philippine and US license as well. Im very interested to apply for australia. got ielts last JAnuary 21, 2012 with band score of 8. Do u think i can still use my IELTS if ever i start my application today or do i have to take a new one. I reviewed the AGOS40 form and i checked the address, it says "APHRA GPO box 9958 your capital city" What does it mean by that? Do i have to choose any city in Australia? Also, if ever i submit all my docs to AphRA, do i have to wait for the approval/eligibility letter before i can start applying for BP programs. Any advice??
- Jan 14 by ceridwynLong time ago,, when the bp schools competed for applicants, some forumers here reported that they had there names down for BP school and were awaiting the AHPRA assessment.
Times have changed and this is now is the main criteria for application to bp schools due to the large demand for places.
As for IELTS: this must be within 2 years for AHPRA to consider it. Does a bp school accept it out of date: it has been reported some do apparently. Not sure which though.
Do you need a current IELTS to Register as a nurse after BP - has been reported that yes you do, some have reported no. Some students that finished a one year conversion program and got a BN from an Australian university, that was accepted without the 7 IELTS in one sitting to study.......could not register.
Do you need a current IELTS 7 for visa to study - apparently no. Do need if you apply for student visa though. Short term business no.
Do you need a current IELTS for a visa to stay IF YOU GET A FULL TIME EMPLOYER some have reported no, but I would not risk it. As according to IMMI if you need a higher english in you profession then you must have IELTS 7 in one sitting and not the 5.5 as the basic.
Many ask these questions, but no one comes back to tell us the true story, so that we could be more exact.
BTW if you have never worked with your US license, it gives you no shortcuts to Registration, you have fact got to declare this and have the nurses board in the state you have registered, give information of good conduct directly to AHPRA.
These forms are pitched at people who live in Australia, when it says your GPO in you state, could be Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, Hobart, Canberra...take you pick.Last edit by ceridwyn on Jan 14
- Jan 14 by Eyem8791Hello, anybody who are knowledgeable on the topics below, really need your thoughts on these, please feel free to answer the following:A. Can a graduate diploma in australia replace the BP or you still need to undergo the bridging program?B. can you do both BP and a Graduate diploma course simultaneously?C. do you stand a better chance of getting a good job after a graduate diploma course? Over applicants with just bp course?Thanks so much....
- hi, friends
got my visa today this afternoon. looking for my classmates for feb 4th intake in aaon. God bless everyone
- hi friends ,
here is my timeline
june 25 ahpra sent me a confirmation of receipt of my application
addtional documents were sent by me on august 12
got my decision letter on november 13
aaon interviewed me on 3rd december
aaon sent me a letter of offer on 10th december
lodged my 456 visa on 18th december
granted today 14th january 2013
flying on 28th january 2013
arrives in melbourne on 29th jan 2013
orientation is on 31st jan 2013
So i am for feb 4th intake
god bless all
- Dear ceridwyn,
Please kindly tell me How can i send my COA and my visa details to AHPRA?
Thanks in advance
- Jan 14 by ceridwynQuote from Eyem8791A graduate diploma is a full time year long post graduate university degree, no it is not a bridging program and costs an international student about 16,000AUHello, anybody who are knowledgeable on the topics below, really need your thoughts on these, please feel free to answer the following:A. Can a graduate diploma in australia replace the BP or you still need to undergo the bridging program?B. can you do both BP and a Graduate diploma course simultaneously?C. do you stand a better chance of getting a good job after a graduate diploma course? Over applicants with just bp course?Thanks so much....
You could not do them simultaneously as a full time degree is 4 units of study a semester and doing the BP program that is full time? plus the full-time shift work clinicals?
If you do not have the experience having a graduate diploma means nothing.
Australian health care providers put much on experience.....the post graduate degrees come after you have gained worthwhile time in nursing.
Many graduate diplomas you cannot do if you are not working in it, because of the clinical components.
As an employer and you come to me wanting a job and you have one year experience but a graduate diploma, I would think you are totally inexperienced, as having a post grad usually means much experience and leadership, education and research skills in either advanced nursing or a specialty. You will also cost more to employ especially in Victoria were you would get paid 120.00 more a week, yet would not be functioning at a higher level.
So the bottom line is, unless you have the experience to go with the higher education, does not make you anymore attractive to an Australian employer.
- Dear myzz_kartheiser,
start your application as soon as possible because u need a valid ielts to join the bridiging program and even to apply work permit after getting a sponsor. It will take a minimum of one year to maximum of two years.