Meeting APHRA requirements as a International Trained Nurse from the Philippines - Page 185Register Today!
- Dec 3, '12 by glitzdelightQuote from aubreyRI declared it. Though I am a CALI passer so I just explained about needing the SSN, and attached the letter (informing me of passing the NCLEX) for support. No question asked.For NCLEX passers, is it better not to declare it in your CV (for AHPRA) to avoid being asked for a verification of licensure? Confused
- Dec 3, '12 by BhabyRitzhi. i also receive a call from ETEA last week... I ask my consultancy about the letter but they informed me to wait for it..
- Dec 3, '12 by briansnowHi, to my fellow Unisa April 2013 intake, do you have a list of vaccinations needed to be completed prior to attending the BP? need help here.
- Dec 3, '12 by sephThanks adel0807. I emailed an admission officer and he said I would be receiving an offer letter tomorrow, haven't received a phonecall though.. anyhow, thanks!
- Dec 4, '12 by adel0807Quote from glitzdelightThank you glitzdelight for sharing this wonderful news. This is inspiring. God bless.Hi everyone. I'm not quiet sure if you know or remember me.
Anyway, I'll be starting my job as an Aged Care RN next week.
I know you got a lot of questions.
"Why aged care?", "Are there no Hospital jobs?" There are still employment awaiting for us in the hospitals but I am on a 456 visa and my current entry is about to expire, due to time and money constraints, I don't have the right to choose. To be honest, after I've lodge my visa, I got 4 invitations for an interview in public hospitals here in Aus but unfortunately I can't entertain them already.
The real picture here is that there are a lot of vacancies here, as in hundreds, but not all are willing to sponsor for a working visa (which we all need except if you're a PR/citizen) consequently making it hard for us to gain jobs in our interested field. Even aged care facilities are not so keen in sponsoring anymore, that is why I still consider myself lucky. However, if you can wait, maybe you'll get what you like.
They say it is a burden in Aged Care and our RN skills will be compromised.
I don't know if that is true but what's important is that we give our sincere care to patients.
August 2011 - Applied for eligibility
December - Received my Letter of Eligibility from AHPRA
May 2012 - Started Bridging Program
July - Done with BP
Sep - Got my registration Number
November - Offered a job
December 12 2012 - Start job
I am very anxious, actually. I don't have any idea about being an Aged Care RN but I know God knows I can do it because He will not put me here on the first place if I cant surpass this.
Good luck everyone
- Dec 4, '12 by glitzdelightNo problemo Adel God bless on your road to becoming an AUS RN
- Dec 4, '12 by sephQuote from moonyen2012Hi moonyen2012 i am also applying in ihna i just want to ask how long did you have to wait before you received your offer letter? Have you got a phone call before you got your offer letter because i am still waiting for mine. And still no phone call. Thanks in advance.Hurray!I received an offer from IHNA,June 2013 intake.I will pay the enrollment fee asap to reserve the slot.Potential classmates,yourprincess and others where are you?Let's join forces to find accommodation near the school.You really can save a lot if you'll process everything on your own.I did mine single-handedly so far.
- Dec 4, '12 by aubreyRQuote from glitzdelightHi glitzdelight! In my case, I do have my BON ID/license as I have an SSN. Do you think it would still be better for me to declare my NCLEX license? I'm really apprehensive about the length of time it might take for the Cali BON to mail the verification to Oz. Where did you enrol for your bp btw?I declared it. Though I am a CALI passer so I just explained about needing the SSN, and attached the letter (informing me of passing the NCLEX) for support. No question asked.
- Dec 4, '12 by moonyen2012Hi Seph,i filled up the online application form,attached requested docs,took the online interview,passed,received the offer letter after 2-3days.No phone call at all.I think if you failed the online interview they will contact you for a phone interview.I'm not quite sure because I took the other way around.Goodluck....formQuote from sephHi moonyen2012 i am also applying in ihna i just want to ask how long did you have to wait before you received your offer letter? Have you got a phone call before you got your offer letter because i am still waiting for mine. And still no phone call. Thanks in advance.
- Dec 4, '12 by sephI also passed the online interview and submitted my docs online, the admission officer that i have talked to said that i would be receiving the offer letter yesterday or today but still i havent received it. yours went pretty fast.. anyhow thanks.