Meeting APHRA requirements as a International Trained Nurse from the Philippines - Page 10Register Today!
- Jul 25, '12 by teeyaraHello guys! which state is most recommended for a new grad with no experience to apply for eligibility and enroll for the bridging program considering the living expenses, TF and environment? please help me on this one. thank you!
- Jul 25, '12 by danceinstructorQuote from teeyaraI hope you have read the Recency of practice registration standard guidelines.Hello guys! which state is most recommended for a new grad with no experience to apply for eligibility and enroll for the bridging program considering the living expenses, TF and environment? please help me on this one. thank you!
- Jul 25, '12 by danceinstructorQuote from teabag24Please browse the AHPRA website.thanks danceinstructor.. anybody got a list for schools that offer BP?? id rather have it in brisbane or sydney.. Got relatives there.. thanks..
- Jul 25, '12 by pringxoxo
- Jul 25, '12 by mindful1Hi! I think I've read from the preceding forum (Part 2) that some applicants had their CV's signed by their most recent employers. I wonder if it is required by AHPRA. Below is the instruction #13 from AGOS-40:
You must attach to your application a Statement of Service from your employer/s over the last 5 years, and a Curriculum Vitae.
The Statement of Service is required to:
• Be on the employer’s letterhead
• Provide dates of employment
• Describe the role in which you were employed, and whether if was full-time/part-time hours
• Be signed by a manager (e.g. Director of Nursing, Unit Manager or HR Manager)
You must attach to your application a Curriculum Vitae that describes your full practice history and any clinical or procedural skills undertaken. The information contained in your Curriculum Vitae will further inform the Board in relation to your recency of practice and registration history.
Your Curriculum Vitae must:
• Detail any gaps in your practice history of more than three months from the date you obtained your qualification
• Include evidence of continuing professional development as per the Board’s Continuing professional registration standard, found at Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia - Registration Standards
• Be in chronological order
• Be signed and dated with a statement “This Curriculum Vitae is true and correct as at (insert date)”
• Be the original signed Curriculum Vitae (no faxes or scanned copies will be accepted).
It must also contain all the elements defined in AHPRA’s Standard Format for Curriculum Vitae which can be found at
Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency - Standard Format for Curriculum Vitae
For those who had their CVs signed by their recent employer, were you instructed by an AHPRA representative to do so? Did your SoS/CoE contain the signature of your employer?Last edit by mindful1 on Jul 25, '12
- Jul 25, '12 by patringrnQuote from shaneneojust got my visa too late... the batch for august closed.. I'm in for september.. are you for inha also? september?Do you have your visa already? I thought you are bound for August Intake for IHNA? what happened? Have you sorted out things regarding your visa? thanks...
- Jul 25, '12 by mindful1I just e-mailed AHPRA.
Some previous AHPRA applicants said they were instructed to have their CVs signed by their employers.
From my understanding of instruction #13 of AGOS-40, the SoS (or Certificate of Employment) must be signed by a manager; while the CV must be signed by the applicant with statement of "...true and correct..." etc. My SoS was signed by my employer. Where does it say that the CV must also be signed by the employer? Is it required now? If it is, kindly update the AGOS-40 *.pdf form on your website. (By the way, a few employers wouldn't sign the CV since the SoS already contains their signature.)
Please give us an accurate and up-to-date answer. Thank you!
- Jul 25, '12 by aila61Quote from mindful1cv can be signed by your immediate supervisor like charge nurse or head nurse. i had mine signed by my charge nurseI just e-mailed AHPRA.
I'll post their reply here right after I receive it.
- Jul 26, '12 by pringxoxohi mindful1,
just another reminder on the statement of service.. it must specify the word "registered staff nurse" or "certified staff nurse". yes, plus the sign of the authorized people (like supervisor, hr head etc).. for your cv, try reading this site because it helped me a lot the time i was applying for loe.. ausphilrn: standard cv/resume for overseas trained nurse
good luck mate!
- Jul 26, '12 by reshajanehello guys!
Anyone tried applying to Mercy Health Training INstitute? Pls email me in firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!