license by endorsement from CA to another state
- 0May 1, '10 by nezzyRNdoes anyone have done endorsing CA license to another state? i need information on what to fill out on the LICENSE NUMBER of the VERIFICATION OF LICENSE FORM which is to be sent to the CA-BON.
i passed the NCLEX-RN in CA last year but i can't register for my permanent license since i don't have a Social Security Number. so, is it possible to endorse an NCLEX-RN EXAM only?
hope somebody can share an idea or experience.
- 0May 1, '10 by Silverdragon102, RN AdminGenerally to endorse a license you need a license and CA will not issue a license without a SSN therefore you have no license to endorse. I would suggest you contact the state board of nursing however usually you complete license by exam and then arrange for NCLEX results to be forwarded
- 0May 4, '10 by nezzyRNtnx Silverdragon102 for your advice... I did call the Board of Nursing which i intend to apply.
To all who passed the NCLEX-RN examination in California and intended to obtain a license from another state that doesn't require SSN for the issuance of license, you still are going to apply for Licensure by Examination but you don't need to take the exam. You just need to ask the CA-BRN to forward your NCLEX result to state board of nursing. That's it.
- 0May 7, '10 by nezzyRNQuote from applesncherriesyes, i called the ASBN. try to download their application form - LICENSE BY EXAMINATION, all the guidelines, qualification and requirements for examination are there. see it by yourself so you don't get confused. also, you need to request for an FBI fingerprint card from ASBN and they will mail it to your address.Hi im also in the same situation.
@nezzy: have you called arkansas? what is the reqts to get a license? thanks
the forms consist of: 1. application 2. background check -- these two have to be notarized 3. degree verification -- submit this to your school together with the photocopy of your diploma, tor, rle 4. license verification - submit this to PRC together with your card photocopy.
i hope this helps you.
- 0Jun 2, '10 by Silverdragon102, RN AdminQuote from AntigoneYou have no license to endorse. Please take the time to read the forum as CA and safeguarding NCLEX results has been discussed numerous timesHow do we ask CA-BRN to endorse NCLEX result to Arkansas? And is it possible to extend the NCLEX result for a year or so? Mine will expire on October.