International Graduates that are successful in applying and taking the NCLEX. - page 4
by Kuyafern | 21,808 Views | 136 Comments
Hello everyone! I wanted to hear the stories of international grads who had the success of getting their ATT from different states. We know that some states are not as open as other states with international graduates.... Read More
- 0Thanks silverdragon102 we will keep that in mind. So is it better for us to look at other states that require ces?Quote from Silverdragon102Be aware for NY BON you still have to go through CVS even if you have a license in another state. CVS takes on average 6 months as this is the time-frame CGFNS gives the various organisations to complete and return paperwork
- 0Sep 3, '12 by highlyfavoredbygodQuote from Diel08Yup I'm aware about Ca because i applied there first since I am from cali and sadly like all foreign graduates, I became inelgible. Well yeah i am willing to move to hawaii anyways. Thanks for the info silverdragon102
Diel08, did you take your local board exam? or you immediately went to Cali?
- 0Sep 3, '12 by steppybayQuote from MafManzonKabayans, you have to look at the "bigger picture".Is that for real? So, you have plans in going to other state once you have your license?
To everyone asking of the same question: just pick whatever state you wish to work in for the next 3-8 years or more.
-- It makes NO sense to get a license in one state, when you really WANT to work in another, as you need to still PASS that state's requirements you wanted to work in the FIRST place.
-- You will be spending more MONEY by hopping around one state to another in extra fee$ and possible extra money for certain testing$ and wasting more months waiting and waiting, instead of looking for a job.
**** The FASTEST, the EASIEST, the CHEAPEST state to apply into is the State you feel you will put your roots down for many years. If that state doesn't meet your needs and desires (weather, salary, etc) now then move on and research and travel to that state if you can. ****
-- Avoid the 13 states that are enforcing the concurrency now, The list of them are mentioned a few times on this forum.
-- Forget about trying to ENDORSE-TRANSFER any out-of-state license into CA or ANY of the current mentioned 12 other states that are enforcing the concurrency rules, it's NOT going to happen as again, you MUST submit the same college transcripts that already DENIED or will DENY the application, there's no way around to go around this! It doesn't matter if you have 2 years or more of US RN experience, my PH friend tried to endorse her FL into CA and was denied the licensure, citing the same concurrency issue.
-- As you may know or should know, that jobs for us international students are becoming very hard and pretty difficult to get our foor thru the door, as many hospitals even many clinics are hiring their own students that did their clinical time in that hospital or hiring more of that local students or those from the same State. It's known as hiring the "internals".
-- To find out what state you are interested in, the bottom of each page is the list of BON's and you can easily Google...STATE's name followed by "board of nursing"....BINGO! It's all there for the state's requirements, including every one of the Board's has a special ""INTERNATIONAL"" section.Last edit by steppybay on Sep 3, '12 : Reason: ++++ information
- 0Sep 3, '12 by steppybayQuote from Diel08Just know that in Hawaii, it helps to know someone working inside a hospital or medical facility, as many of the HI workers prefer to get their own friends or contacts inside.Yup I'm aware about Ca because i applied there first since I am from cali and sadly like all foreign graduates, I became inelgible. Well yeah i am willing to move to hawaii anyways. Thanks for the info silverdragon102
You know they call that in Phils? Yes, the dreaded curse word.....backer.
- 0Sep 4, '12 by Diel08Quote from nursegelaYes i am a filipino citizen but Indo not live in the Philippines. I just went back to finish nursing. I am a green card holder and is currently here in CaliforniaHi diel. Just wanna ask.. Are you A filipino citizen? I mean do you live here in the Philippines?