Ineligible to take NCLEX-RN; opting for NCLEX-PN instead, steps to take?? - page 3
by belagee12 3,428 Views | 34 Comments
Like many other filipino graduates, the CA BON told me I am ineligible to take the NCLEX-RN exam because of the whole concurrency issue. After much time and consideration, and inquiring at schools, I have decided to challenge the... Read More
- 0Nov 18, '12 by perioddramaQuote from belagee12Per the LVN website, the things that are needed for Method #3 are (source):does anyone know besides the 54 hours of pharma, if there are other requirements needed???
1) Official transcripts
2) Record of Nursing Experience
3) Employment Verification
4) Proof of 54 Theory Hours of Pharmacology
All forms are listed on their website.
- 0Nov 18, '12 by perioddramaQuote from belagee12Per the website,But I wouldn't need the Employment Verification filled out anymore since i'm challenging the exam based on my educational background not employment experience, yes?
"Applicants who have acquired additional formal nursing education from an approved vocational nursing, practical nursing or registered nursing program may submit official transcripts for evaluation for possible credit in lieu of paid bedside nursing experience. The transcripts must be submitted to the Board directly from the school where the courses were taken and must show theory and clinical hours completed, as well as the grades for each course. Applicants must achieve a C or better in the course in order to be given equivalency credit for the course. Credit will only be granted for those courses taken in approved vocational nursing, practical nursing, psychiatric technician or registered nursing programs."
What I am reading is that the education may be credited "in lieu of paid bedside nursing experience." As to how many credits you would receive is up to the Board.
- 0Nov 19, '12 by proudpinayQuote from belagee12Yeah got my att alreadyHave you received your ATT already?I started fresh too, just requested my school documents and all i have to do is wait for em to arrive in the mail, fill out the application form and get my livescan done, I feel kinda down about settling for the LVN exam rather than to pursue the NCLEX-RN
- 0Nov 19, '12 by proudpinayQuote from belagee12Why you think you'll hve prob.with your med.surg.?if your a BSN grad.less likely you will be denied.i received an email from the bvnpt explaining the requirements but if i calculated right it seems like i'm kulang with my med-surg :O i'm in a panic mode, i hope this all works out