How to get WA RN license - Page 3Register Today!
- Jan 31, '12 by reyallanbonusQuote from shannalimHey Shannalim, I am also applying for eligibility in WA as an international graduate. Was just wondering if you eventually ended up applying in CA, or if the nursing commission waived Toefl? I already sent my fingerprints a couple of weeks ago, and the CGFNS report a week prior, but haven't yet received any reply letter listing what else I needed. I am hoping to receive one in order to decide whether I should study and make an appointment to take TOEFL, or continue study for the NCLEX while waiting for the eligibility. Additionally, does the FBI check take a long time to process? Thanks and good luck with your test.Hi all,
I am new to this forum and I need help! I had just take CGFNS CP ( because I signed up wronglyand BON just asked me to continue) and TOEFL iBT ( which is killing me) so that I can take NCLEX in Seattle. After I took the TOEFL iBT, I know that there is no way I can pass the requirement score total: 83 and speaking:26. Is there any advice please so that I wont need to go through the misery of TOEFL again. Currently I am a green card holder residing in Seattle.
Anyone please advise me and I will be greatly appreciated!
Thank you very much!
- Dec 12, '12 by woodroseGood day to everyone,
I'm an international educated nurse trained in the Philippines. I had a solid six years hospital experience as a staff nurse. I used to work in Kuwait before i moved in WA. My journey in my WA state application starts last month of July 2012. I'm done with my CES report from CGFNS, AIDS online course for 7 contact hours and now preparing for the TOEFL. As i prepare my self for the TOEFL test i realized that it is harder compared to IELTS. I emailed the WA BON and ask them if they can accept IELTS test result but unfortunately they don't. I'm schedule to take my TOEFL test this month but i plan to cancel it. Instead, I'm considering to pursue my RN license application in Oregon state which is 3 hours drive from my place. Then later on, after passing the NCLEX, I'll eventually endorse it to WA state.
My question is can i just abandon my application in WA even though it's already on going?
Provided I'm a RN license in Oregon and wants to endorse it to WA state what are the disadvantages?
Thank you for any kind of good advice that can help.
- Dec 12, '12 by Silverdragon102You need to check with the BON themselves. We have had people post that English exams have still been required when endorsing from one state to another as they had trained outside the US
- Jan 20 by smangaoangHi! Do you know of where I can take ESL classes? or where i can possibly inquire? I've been required to take an ESL course after failing the TOEFL twice... I know this is rather random... but I really need all the help I could get Thank you so much!
- Jan 29 by michaels8Hi! it is the year 2013, do you know any new informations about the Board of nursing here in Washington state? (rules, regulations, qualifications, news. etc.) do you know how to process for NCLEX here in Washington state?. and for how many weeks is the waiting process?.one last question, do you prefer to take the exam here in washington state or in Oregon? which i heard is much more easier?.Thanks!
- Jan 30 by Silverdragon102Quote from michaels8NCLEX is a national exam and all the questions come from the same post therefore there is no easier or hard state to take the exam in.Hi! it is the year 2013, do you know any new informations about the Board of nursing here in Washington state? (rules, regulations, qualifications, news. etc.) do you know how to process for NCLEX here in Washington state?. and for how many weeks is the waiting process?.one last question, do you prefer to take the exam here in washington state or in Oregon? which i heard is much more easier?.Thanks!
All up to date information on applying to a state for license will be on the BON website. Suggest a read there
- Mar 30 by mason31hey i just passed my NCLEX RN at TX and now i am applying for endorsement here in WA. i graduated in the Philippines. So i just want to know if i have to take TOEFL, because TX did not require me to take TOEFL. and do i have to take the AIDS Education? coz it says that if you received your education after 1991 you dont have to take it, but i dont know if it goes with intn'l graduates. AND IS THERE A CHANCE YOU GET DISAPPROVED FOR ENDORSEMENT? thanks need help
- Apr 1 by steppybayTo the more recent posters, you guys can certainly try to also do so at your own risk (of losing your application fees and time invested), as WA is one of the 13-14 states enforcing the concurrency rules and there have been a few posters who did not get approved.
With reagrds to the state of OR we just found out, if you are applying AFTER you graduated beyond the 3rd year, the application will be denied. Here's their link and a poster just got denied: http://www.oregon.gov/OSBN/pdfs/form...rn-lpnexam.pdf Read it, it's listed in the first minimum requirement.
The thread on the 13 (or more now) states with the concurrency rules: http://allnurses.com/nurse-registrat...me-760249.htmlLast edit by steppybay on Apr 1
- May 3 by woodrosehi mason31 I just want to know the progress of your WA endorsement I'm in the same boat. thanks
- Jul 9 by lllenjolll@woodrose and @mason
I don't know if WA turn down application from foreign grads (like in CALI) even though you have already passed the nclex.
I am planning to transfer my license too in WA, where my family is, instead of moving to FL to pursue my career.
But just to share some info:
My friend, whose bro is a PH graduate and passed NCLEX in VT recently, just told me BON-WA required him to take the toefl and submit Transcriptofrecords from his school.
*VT and FL don't require toefl.
I felt devastated after hearing this news.
I thought I won't be needing to take any exams or bug my school after passing nclex. *It's just time consuming and exhausting.
Anyway, I already submitted my application for endorsement. Will probably retake toefl again.
@smangoang are you still looking for a toefl prep class? let me know if you find a good one. Thanks.