Hong Kong Advanced Practice Nursing - page 5
by chickenface 28,615 Views | 53 Comments
I am an American nurse, and I am considering a move to Hong Kong in January 2011. At that time I will have a MSN degree in nursing and would be seeking a position as a Nurse Practitioner/Advanced Practice Nurse. I have reviewed... Read More
- 0Aug 31, '13 by andrea_nursehi chokyali.. im a filipina. im a registered nurse here in ph. i have only 2 years of experience as a nurse staff in the hospital i am working right now. and im planning to take the nursing board exam in hk. but i really dont have any idea of what exam im going to take.. i just want to ask, if the hk exam is just like the nclex exam? and what is all about that practical exam? i really dont have any idea.. please reply.. thanks ang godbless...
- 0Jan 9 by sww0810Hi Maria83, I am currently working in Australia and considering moving back to Hong Kong. I am trained as a nurse to Australia, just saw your post and wondering how did you go with getting registration and working in Hong Kong. It would be great to learn from your experience, if you don't mind.
- 0Mar 2 by DJ Trance AZI just came back from HK and I absolutely would love to work there as well (well for few years at least)...I am certified as an RN here in Toronto and with an MN degree. I currently work with our Ministry but contract will soon be due...
Two years ago I actually applied to write the HK RN Exam; the paper work was brutal but got all the papers for them. However, I forgo the opportunity as I found a job I liked here.
Now I really want to pursue the opportunity again...I kinda quickly glance thru. people's response but I still want more directions from you guys. I am wondering if there are public health nursing jobs in HK...
Anyway, any advice is greatly appreciated!!!
- 0May 29 by katherineinschoolWe have the handbook for the exam, you can buy it online. The better to ask a Chinese friend to do this. We also have advanced role, but have another title, directly translation may be teacher of nurse or administer of nurse( I am not sure how it called to be honest). All the practice nurse have to pass the exam to be qualified as a nurse. However, we have a performing presentation of practice, for instance, to show how to take blood or give injection. But this also have criteria which can be find in handbook.
However, I gonna to say nurse role in China is so different from the US or other Western countries, which have less medical authority and decision making. And the salary is not well enough. Why not try to be a nursing teacher in University of Hong Kong or mainland of China, that is really popular, well respected, well paid job. English won't be a problem, it aims to test non-English speakers.
- 0Jun 23 by herzchenHi, i am a filipina and my visa here is as a dh..i just got the forms needed from the nsg council here in hk and i just wanna ask if the 5 subjects of the licensure exam in the phils and here are the same?because i was thinking that the community nursing might be different like the IMCI?do they also practice those here?..ofcourse the communicable diseases would have a little differences..and about the site others gave for those who wants to prepare for the exam, i guess the speaker would also speak cantonese?
- 0Jun 23 by chokyaliSaunders covers all areas, this was the only review book I used in preparation for the wrtten exam , unfortunately I failed the practical. If you got lucky and have plans of applying in their hospital i don't think they will accept your application beacuse you got a DH visa. I've been there before, i applied in matilda and got an interview but when they learned that my visa is DH I was turned down. Anyway, there's nothing wrong in trying goodluck