hi all,

  1. I am a international nurse and I have just got my registered nurse license from chicago and I am here on h4 visa or dependent visa, I am wondering what I have to do to convert my dependent visa status to work visa or h1 visa? Is there any hospital around chicago area that sponser h1 visa? I will be very greatfull if anyone can help me in this matter

    thanks sharmila
  2. Visit Sharmila Adhikari profile page

    About Sharmila Adhikari

    Joined: May '12; Posts: 2


  3. by   Silverdragon102
    Immigrant visa will take you over 6 years waiting unless your spouse is able to go for immigrant visa and then it will depend on which category they go under to how long it will take.

    With current US economic situation and many nurses looking for work I think you will have a hard time finding a employer willing to go the H1b route and unless they are cap exempt then they can not apply until April with a Oct start. Only thing you can do is contact the hospitals yourself and ask them