Hello elmokong and imang. I'm very sorry for the uber late reply. Yeah I know it's already 2013! LOL! I was very busy applying again to other countries in the Middle East for back-up. This is the only time I have logged in again to my account. I did not know that their were already additional comments in the thread I have posted last year since I only got one comment that time so I did not pay anymore attention to this topic.
Anyway let's move on to the main subject. The second time I sent my appeal last November 2012 and additional requirements last February 2013 they always moved the schedule to make the final verdict if they want to accept me or not. I got my news last July 15, 2013 from my representative in NZ that the council have decided to finally decline my application for registration. I have not seen the letter yet so I do not know the exact details of why. My rep has not yet sent it to my email.
I believe the reason why they rejected me are the same reasons they stated in their first letter. The NCNZ nowadays are getting stricter. First
of course the shortened BSN program I took at St. Paul University Surigao
. Yes it is a known university, a branch of SPU in our province. Second
, they are not lenient to second coursers in general as what I have researched before. There were already many applicants like us who had the same problem. Third
, they require a detailed Syllabus
(authenticated copy) of our subjects from our first course up to our second course (BSN). The sad part is not all of the syllabus I submitted was detailed (like Course Outline
) since I had transferred schools before. Each school and department have different policies in releasing Syllabi/Course Outline. I cannot argue with that and I don't have the power to change that. So what was given to me detailed or just outline I have no choice but to accept and pass it to the council as it is. Then I included a CHED Memorandum Order copy from its website regarding policies about second coursers and about general education subjects that need not be repeated once enrolled to another B.S. degree for additional evidence. There are PDF downloadable memos of CHED in their website just about everything. Well I did my best and passed everything they wanted for the second time around and prayed for it. I guess they were still not satisfied with my appeal and they have the right to do so whatever they want. It is their council and it's their rules so we cannot do something about it.
I also believe that applying in abroad as a nurse is very difficult these days because of a lot of competition, the upgrade of the nursing profession, degree requirements that are suppose to be in parallel to their criteria, not to mention the time and energy consumed as well as the money spent. At the same time I have already prepared myself for whatever the outcome may be. After I submitted last February 2013 the following month I went to Manila to try my luck for Middle East. So I was not really that devastated when the second decision was made by the council. At least I have another option and later during my waiting period for the council's last decision I just had this intuition it might be negative and NZ is not really for me. Then there's also what they call a stroke of luck.
The world is so big for us to concentrate in only one country. My advise for NZ applicants (2nd coursers) is fight until the last breath.hehehe. You'll never know maybe you guys will get accepted and will be luckier than me they'll eventually change their minds but of course at the same time apply to other countries while your employment is still up to present.
Please for the peace of your minds.
BTW, I heard from a friend there in NZ lately that the council now requires at least a minimum of 2 years hospital experience. Unlike before the time I applied last 2011 they only require a min of at least 450 hours of clinical experience. Hope this helps. Good luck guys.