CVS-NY missing request
- 0Dec 13, '09 by mistydawnGood day. I'm starting to get worried about my CVS-NY application. Its either CGFNS is sending the request to a wrong address, or things keep getting lost in the mail, or my school is not processing the transcript request from CGFNS, or somebody stole the money and the mail that CGFNS sent. Please keep me from being too paranoid. I sent my CVS application September 22, 2009. The request for license was received by Professional Regulation Commission here in the Philippines and was processed and the license was received by CGFNS a week ago. I called my school (both the registrar and the college) regarding the request for transcript by CGFNS and they told me that they have not received any request. I called CGFNS and they told me that they sent the request twice already. Nobody wants to help - I mean, CGFNS just says "we sent it. I cant tell you more information that that"; the school just says "we did not receive any request. sorry." What should I do?
If the last request is sent after a period of 6 months, and CGFNS did not receive anything from my school, what would they tell NY-BON?
Do correct me if Im wrong, but I feel disappointed about CGFNS service. I pay a large amount of money for the service, make sure every address every number every letter is correct in the application and when things get lost, all they could say is "we sent it. NO additional information. and you're not even supposed to be involved in this". but I SHOULD be involved in this, this is my money, my documents, my school, my license, my future. If they could just give me their word that theyd trace it (I mean they can trace the mail - tracking number, courier service, cheque number) prior to submitting their report to NY-BON, I could seat back and relax.
- 10,129 Views
- 0Dec 14, '09 by moresodaI feel your pain. I am also stuck in the cgfns purgatory. My license was also received and accepted. My first transcript request was never received at cgfns (there is no proof and they could care less!). On the second request my school left out the transcript. The third request was received at cgfns (according to the school) but they haven't touched it for the last two weeks. Maybe they are on vacation in Philly. I have a feeling I might have to cough another $355 for this process since I had my three chances.
- 0Dec 14, '09 by NurseCubanitaRN2bI'm unfamiliar with the process, but could you pay them a little extra to get it sent certified mail? That way it can be traced because a signature is required.
The reason that they may haven't even touched it for the last two weeks could mean that they're experience high call volume from people trying to get information regarding their application, have so many applications that they need to look at, and they could be behind in the process. Good Luck
- 0Dec 14, '09 by mistydawn@moresoda: it’s a good thing your school told you that they sent it. Mine just keeps on saying “no we did not receive anything under your name”. You said you waited 2 weeks. I have been waiting for 4 months now. 4 looooong months and all they could say is “we sent it twice already” and “no we did not receive anything”. That’s it, the end. CGFNS won’t help, my school won’t help. It is just so sad and disappointing.
@NurseCubanita: no, unfortunately you cannot pay extra. As what I have posted, they told me that I shouldn’t even be involved in this. So I’m not supposed to track mails and ask the school about it.
@Silverdragon102: Im not asking information on different paperwork. Im asking about the status of my application which involves them sending the request to my school to get the transcript.
My point here is that we pay large amount of money and they cant even do the service properly, they couldn’t even assure me the mail would arrive and would be received by the right recipient.
- 0Dec 15, '09 by moresodaQuote from mistydawnIt's been almost 6 months since I started the CGFNS CVS process. The 2 weeks was CGFNS just sitting on my third transcript request after receiving it. I recommend you call CGFNS to find out if they are sending it out to correct address. A request will be sent out every 60 days (starting from the date your application is completed) by CGFNS through the cheapest form of mailing. Also contact your fellow classmates who are doing CGFNS to see if they are facing the same problems from the school.@moresoda: it’s a good thing your school told you that they sent it. Mine just keeps on saying “no we did not receive anything under your name”. You said you waited 2 weeks. I have been waiting for 4 months now. 4 looooong months and all they could say is “we sent it twice already” and “no we did not receive anything”. That’s it, the end. CGFNS won’t help, my school won’t help. It is just so sad and disappointing.
- 0Dec 16, '09 by pavlosI too had the same boat you are in now, waiting for something important as your future can be painstakingly grueling and knowing that you can't do anything about it other than hitting the refresh button hoping there's a new correspondence from cgfns regarding the status of your CVS.
Believe it when they said they have sent the request for your transcripts to your school and focus on bugging your registrar to sort those compounded mails on their desk. It worked for me and it might turn out favorable for you as well.
by the way when was the last request for TOR sent by CGFNS? average mailing delivery last for a month at the very least before it gets delivered to the recipient.
in case your wondering what happened to me, the CVS was done smoothly albeit it ate half of my entire year, but what caught me by surprise was that the state board sent me a snail mail asking for another set of application, reason was they never got mine except for the payment which was in fact included in my application that was mailed to them locally (had to course it through a relative since they require a cheque in US currency) and the killer part was that the mail got stuck in my building admin for 5 months (because they were too lazy to hand important delicate mails with sender addresses hailing overseas!) and so as a shock response to the situation, what i did was assemble the required application in one day and had it coursed through DHL for hasty delivery.
Then come december, christmas came in early for me as i had just received a letter from them that i am now eligible to sit in the NCLEX. So the entire process roughly took 15 months from my lifespan.
- 0Dec 17, '09 by mistydawn@Moresoda: Unfortunately, I do not have fellow classmates who applied for the service. Customer service told me that they sent another request 2 weeks ago. I called the school and they still have not received any request. I am surprised that they send important documents (documents where your future depends on) through the cheapest form of mailing. No wonder mail gets lost and the service takes eons to finish!
@Pavlos: I have tried the “bug-your-registrar” strategy, but unfortunately, all the registrar could say was “nope, sorry, haven’t received any mail from CGFNS”. I cannot really bug her since I do not have any proof that CGFNS really sent the request. I called customer service hoping for some information about the courier service or a tracking number just so I could show the registrar that it was really sent. That is when customer service told me “I cannot give you that information”. ARgggh! They are so unreliable! It is so frustrating!:angryfire It is quite a relief that there are people who feel the same way as I do. I am happy for you that you got through this predicament even though it took 15 months.