CRNE visa option
- 0Hi everyone!
I am interested in taking up CRNE. I am currently working here in the Philippines. I found out that, to be able to take the CRNE I must be in Canada. I am thinking of getting a student visa or a visit visa.Tuition fee for international students are sky high. I am not sure if i can afford it. Also, if i decide to take a student visa, is my first step apply in Ontario Universities Application Center?BTW, I am interested in studying or working in Ontario. How about visit visa?what do i need to do first? How long is the process for both?
Any advice would be appreciated.
- 3,537 Visits
- 0The CRNE is the exam that you must pass to get an RN license in Canada.It is just one of the requirements.Why are you referring to coming to Canada as a student?You don't need to be in Canada to apply for a license and it doesn't require going to school in Canada.Wheat you have to do is contact the college of nurses in the province you want to work in and find out what requirements you have to meet in order to become licensed.Are you already an RN?
- 1Quote from loriangel14Being in the Canada is one of the 7 requirements to be able to apply for the exam.I am currently in thhe Philippines, so I am thinking of getting a student or a visit visa to be able to get to Canada, so i can apply forCRNE. Idk, if it is the right thing to do.I am just basing my decision on theinfos i find online.Did you get permission to write? Why were you talking about having to come as a student?
- 0Being in Canada is not one of the requirements to apply. It states
If you answered “yes”, then you will need to provide proof of your current status by attaching oneof the following to your application:
- a photocopy of your Canadian Birth Certificate or
- Landed Immigrant Papers/Permanent Residence Card or
- Certificate of Citizenship or
- a work permit that provides authorization to practise nursing in Ontario or
- a valid Canadian passport
If you answered “No”, then please contact the College.
Suggest you contact the college
- 0Feb 23, '12 by sha16_charmedI did more reaserch and please correct my understanding if it is wrong.I am so confused, I've been researching day and night.
1. To acquire registration in Ontario, I have to meet all the 7 requirements.
2. Requirement #3 says Successful completion of national nursing registration examination.
If I click no, it says,"You have indicated that you have not passed the Canadian Registered Nurse Examination or Practical Nurse Registration Examination, or an examination accepted as equivalent to either one". I did not take the CRNE yet, but what is an accepted equivalent? I am a registered nurse in the Philippines and I also took the NCLEX, is it an accepted equivalent?
3. Requirement #6, I don't have it, but you already answered it for me.Thanks.
4. Can I have the CNO assess me first, even if I don't have requirement #3 and of course #6? If so, can you please give me the link, I've been going round and round in their website, can't seem to find it.
Thank you so much for your time.