To change state through cgfns before nclex examRegister Today!
- by shergillnav Sep 20, '12hey guys m from new jersy . and my credental evaluationservice (CES) done by cgfns. but my state require ilets. i hv overall 6.5 which is accepted by my state but i have 6 in speaking but nj want 7. so i do not want to give ilets again . due to this deficiency cgfns do not send my report to my state. I want to change state where no ilets required. so which state i should choose OR is it possible to change state now ...plz help me . I am so tenseLast edit by Esme12 on Sep 21, '12 : Reason: TOS/edited txt speak
- 1,365 Views
- Sep 20, '12 by Silverdragon102Couple of things
As a professional board we respectfully request that text talk isn't used. This is also a good time to practice writing in clear English as only acceptable hospital abbreviations can be used to you will be required to chart clearly when working.
As I mentioned in another post Where do you plan on living and working? If in the state that you originally applied to and don't meet English requirements be aware that you may still be required to meet that requirement when endorsing a license from another state. We have had people post on several occasions that they had to take English exams to meet endorsement regardless on how long they had lived and worked in the US.
Moved to the Nurse Registration forum
- Sep 20, '12 by romelmadsi have the same situation to you. im here on new jersey planning to take the nclex but they required me to have my english exam which is the toefil. so i decided to get the NCLEX in new york license.Last edit by Esme12 on Sep 21, '12
- hey i cant change my state now because my ces done..if i now i apply from newyork they will do it again....so I am thinking foe pennsylvenia???????????Last edit by Esme12 on Sep 21, '12 : Reason: TOS/edited txt speak
- Sep 20, '12 by steppybayGuys, just so you know, as Silverdragon mentioned, not only is bouncing around from state to state still means you need to pass that desired state's English and any other possible new requirements that you're having issues. So even if you get your RN license in that state and want to endorse-transfer into your real desired State, you need to re-pay all the fees again and still pass the English requirements.
So why spin your wheels and end with the same problem you're trying to solve?
Maybe better to improve your reading and writing and speaking skills and re-take the English parts would be better spent money than paying fee$ over fee$.
- hey romelmads have you done your CNS evaluation by cgfns?????????Last edit by Esme12 on Sep 21, '12 : Reason: TOS/edited txt speak
- hey you are right steppway...but it ll take huge time for me....i want to give test soon but it seema to me that not easy......i have passing score in all except speaking.. and is it possible to give speakig test onlyLast edit by Esme12 on Sep 21, '12
- Sep 20, '12 by steppybayQuote from shergillnavI don't know, but I would simply contact them via phone call and e-mail about taking the speaking test only. Let us know the results of that so that others can share in it, thanks and good luck!hey u r ryt steppway...but it ll take huge time 4 me....i want to give test soon but it seema to me that not easy......i hv passing score in all except speaking.. and is it possible to give speakig test only
- hope so i may be posiible
- Sep 20, '12 by amandeepkaurhi where do you right now? becasue i know if you foreign grad but have ss than you do not need ielts in floridaLast edit by Esme12 on Sep 21, '12 : Reason: TOS/txt speak