CALI nclex for foreign graduate requirements?Register Today!
- by gangrene Sep 12, '12can anyone send me a link where i can find the requirements for filing nclex in california?
im from the philippines thanks in advance..
- 1,398 Views
- Sep 12, '12 by JustBeachyNursemoved to nurse registration forum in World Nursing section.
You are not filing for NCLEX but applying for license by examination. NCLEX is only one step in the process. Please take note that many internationally educated nurses are having difficulty meeting the requirements for licensure in California due to concurrency of theory and clinical. In addition, a valid US social security number is required when submitting your application to CABRN.
Board of Registered Nursing - Licensure by Examination
- Sep 12, '12 by steppybayQuote from MaxinenatashamarvelI hope you realize that before you send any money and go thru the CA BON process, that the vast majority of recent PH grads and nurses are being denied the ATT due to the concurrency issues, unless you are 101% sure that ALL your clinicals and theory courses were done in the same exact semester, not months or a year or two later.can anyone send me a link where i can find the requirements for filing nclex in california?
im from the philippines thanks in advance..
Please read the frustrations and disappointments faced by so many international students. There are also 12 other States besides CA that are enforcing this 25 year ruling.
- well all of my classmates passed their requirements for nclex.. were from the same school so maybe i wont have a hard time..
- a friend of mine from Texas filled hes application in California but took the test in texas,, im from colorado but because my state requires cgfns im looking for a state that i could take the exam without going thru cgfns
- Sep 13, '12 by steppybayQuote from MaxinenatashamarvelDid you mean all your classmates passed thru either CO or TX to meet the NCLEX requirements, if so, both of those States are not part of the 13 States that are enforcing the concurrency issue.a friend of mine from Texas filled hes application in California but took the test in texas,, im from colorado but because my state requires cgfns im looking for a state that i could take the exam without going thru cgfns
Applying into CA or the other 12 states is a different set of rules with regards to the concurrency issue.
But if you're saying your classmates passed thru CA or any of the other 12 affected States, it sounds like your school has been meeting all the minimum requirements of CA assuming that's what you mean by a classmate has all passed the requirements to get their ATT, finally a success story.
You guys must be of the 2012 graduation batch?
But in your case, where do you really want to work/practice your RN license in CA or CO or ?
If CO is the real state to work, then, there's no use trying to pass and get your license in CA then endorse-transfer back into CO or any other State, as you still must pass that desired State licensing requirements in the first place. Doing this only means you also need to pay the different state's fee again and having the exact same testing requirements done anyways per that State's BON.
So if you're filing into CA to stay and work in CA then, go for it, if your classmates got thru the CA BON or the other 12 State's BON.Last edit by steppybay on Sep 13, '12 : Reason: ++ information and typos
- Sep 13, '12 by Silverdragon102Don't forget CGFNS do more than just an exam and for most states all they require is a CES report which is a breakdown on your training
- im from batch 2009 all of my classmates filled in california.. they all passed their requirement's.. most of my friends to avoid the cgfns they filled in california.. like my friend who lives in texas, he filled in california but took the exam on texas..
- so if for example i passed the CA board then endorse it in CO i need to take nclex again for Colorado? howabout the cgfns then? thats the main thing im avoiding the cgfns butif still i cant avoid it then its either i work in california or take the cgfns plus nclex here..
- Sep 13, '12 by steppybayQuote from MaxinenatashamarvelWow!! Congrats!!im from batch 2009 all of my classmates filled in california.. they all passed their requirement's.. most of my friends to avoid the cgfns they filled in california.. like my friend who lives in texas, he filled in california but took the exam on texas..
What college did all guys graduate from?!! You guys are the absolute most successful PH grads and also coming from the 2009 batch!! There are batches from 2005 and to present, not able to get their ATT.
I don't think there's been one, okay, "maybe" two posters here who either passed the CA BON requirements or their friend has.
May I ask what school again as I know there will be thousands very interested as maybe some of them are also from that same school!! If I don't ask, I know many will