CA BRN new requirements for NCLEX RN international students - Page 84Register Today!
- Dec 13, '12 by jayceeceeQuote from dragon_ladyAnd looking for a school that can cover our ob and ms deficiencies is super duper stressful hahahaha. Ur right GV all the way!Don't worry it will be over soon.I've waited mine for 5 months.Waiting to be eligible is stressful,studying for NCLEX is more stressful and even wait for the result is super stressful.Good luck!good vibes
- Dec 14, '12 by bellajuliannaIs there any schools in los angeles do accept this kind of program? Please kababayans let us help each other . :-)
- Hi, I went to nursing school in the Philippines and just got my Philippine license. I am a US citizen, born and raised in the US. I'm looking into applying for the NCLEX in California.
I have heard about the concurrency issue that's been going on, especially for California applicants. I also read the many accounts of philippine graduates who have been denied eligibility. I am quite worried that I might get the same letter because my cases and theory are not concurrent (which to me is close to impossible if you're a student in the Philippines because there's only so many patients that you can handle in a certain area, e.g. Delivery room and operating room, it is not possible to finish all required cases within a few days span and also not to mention, there's other students in the group competing for those cases).
Based on what I have read, it seems that the California BRN has given an option to take courses in medical-surgical nursing and obstetrics. Is there anyone here who has taken that route? What schools in California have programs suited to our case?
And @kuyafern, I have read your posts and I see that you made mention about CSU Fresno. Can you please provide me info regarding that school? I am really interested because that just might be my best bet.
Also, has anyone applied to New York and experienced the concurrency issue as well?
Thanks.Last edit by DaftSpunk on Dec 17, '12
- Dec 17, '12 by perioddramaQuote from DaftSpunkThis thread lists the known states with concurrency issues similar to CA: http://allnurses.com/nurse-registrat...me-760249.html.Also, has anyone applied to New York and experienced the concurrency issue as well?
- Quote from perioddramaThanks for that perioddrama. But it still isn't clear as to whether or not NY has that issue. No confirmation that it should be added to that list huh?This thread lists the known states with concurrency issues similar to CA: http://allnurses.com/nurse-registrat...me-760249.html.
- Dec 17, '12 by ishes13Hello everyone.. I have also the same case.. Ive been really upset and been so depressed.. Im from los angeles.. I hope you guys can give me advce.. What will i do? Enrol? Where? Im sorry just sooo confused.. I will really appreciate your help guys.. Thankyou
- Dec 17, '12 by perioddramaQuote from DaftSpunkPost number 27: http://allnurses.com/nurse-registrat...249-page3.html.Thanks for that perioddrama. But it still isn't clear as to whether or not NY has that issue. No confirmation that it should be added to that list huh?
You can always try to apply since it really is up to the Boards to decide.
- Quote from perioddramaWow... And to think NY was my back up plan. Yes, you're right. It's definitely worth a try. Thanks again.Post number 27: http://allnurses.com/nurse-registrat...249-page3.html. You can always try to apply since it really is up to the Boards to decide. Good luck!