CA BRN new requirements for NCLEX RN international students - page 49

I had already registered online in Pearson Vue but I think I'm not yet eligible to take the test. Is there an expiration date for my registration at PV? I received a letter from CA BON requesting... Read More

  1. Visit  Goodash profile page
    0
    What other job can we apply? A graduate of BSN, no license yet.
  2. Visit  ulna profile page
    0
    Quote from Tonebones
    according to the head registrar all of his/her cases have been completed before graduation.the student was under the new nursing curriculum. 3 cases each unlike the old curriculum it was 5 for each exposure. it was 3 actual delivery, 3 cord care, 3 scrubs OR, 3 circulating all of it were completed on time. according to the dean and the registrar they were all having a tough time to some fil-am students that cases were not completed after their graduation...by the way i hope he/she passed the ca nclex.
    But completed cases before graduation doesn't mean they're concurrent though.

    Quote from hjreid
    Hello everyone! I am pretty frustrated.. since i graduated from the phils and didnt take the local board there and thought that applying here in Ca would be such a fuss. And its getting me disappointed reading comments from here. My whole life dpends in this career. Im living a very average life. I do put this all on God doing all what i could do too. I have had my school send the reqts.BON
    We're the same. I think areesh23 too. We need to keep in touch with each other to know what happens to 2012 graduates! Haha. I already sent my application 2 weeks ago to know where I'm going to stand.
  3. Visit  steppybay profile page
    0
    Quote from che_guapa
    the question is "refused to issue a license" and that is true. regarding the california BON because of the new concurrency issue. they advised me to go back to school.
    Not a new concurrency issue or rule, just a much stricter enforcement that's been on the CA BON policies since 1987.
  4. Visit  steppybay profile page
    0
    Quote from Goodash
    What other job can we apply? A graduate of BSN, no license yet.
    No RN license, no job

    You can try to get a CNA certificate, go for the LVN exam and a job, personal care giver, babysitter (hey, I've done that).

    Here's a few recent job hunt memos and big problem for just CA educated students, here's the competition and most of the open jobs are going to the ones that did their clinicals in that hospital or knew of the people that can help with their hiring inside or those that are "internals" (already working there but not yet as a RN):

    -- I'll start. I live in Sacramento, California. I went to school in the San Diego area. The outlook in CA is bleek. Stanford medical center-600+ applicants for 15 spots. UC Davis 600-700 applicants for roughly 10 spots. With those odds..who knows. Its definitely hard here in California.

    -- Down in SoCal, UCLA had almost 2000 last time and not a handful of spots. Same with USC almost 2000 applicants. The other smaller hospitals get several hundreds of applicants for less than 10 spots total for all departments.

    -- Absolutely brutal from NoCal to SoCal.

    So really guys, I think maybe there's a blessing in disguise for us foreign students and nurses that we're not trying to go head-to-head with the CA based nurses, imagine how hard that would be. Not saying don't try to apply but realize the odds against us are even more difficult as more and more CA hospitals are looking at mostly their own CA students or hiring internally or if out of state they had some very nice resumes and high GPA's, lots of excellent references, lots of volunteer work, lots of charity events, etc. But not to say also, that other States are easy, as they are also suffering from high unemployment of new grad nurses, even some experienced ones.

    But it's still very tough as I looked at one of my new nursing friends from CA and WOW, her resume is very impressive, but still unable to find a job after almost one year. She's bright, well-spoken, etc, but only three interviews but no offers.

    What's so sad her 2 best friends are now fully employed and making some very good money one at $35/hr and one at $48/hr as a new grad starting salary, but she knows they were just as qualified and just feels left out.
  5. Visit  areesh23 profile page
    0
    Quote from ulna
    But completed cases before graduation doesn't mean they're concurrent though.



    We're the same. I think areesh23 too. We need to keep in touch with each other to know what happens to 2012 graduates! Haha. I already sent my application 2 weeks ago to know where I'm going to stand.
    haha! goodluck to us! Update us with the status of your application please..haha! or can I have your email of fb instead? so I can keep in touch with you. btw, I'm planning on taking the LVN instead, I just sent my requests to my school last week. haha. I got stuck up, wasn't able to decide what to do because of this concurrency issues..
  6. Visit  mixsand1 profile page
    0
    Quote from steppybay
    No RN license, no job

    You can try to get a CNA certificate, go for the LVN exam and a job, personal care giver, babysitter (hey, I've done that).

    Here's a few recent job hunt memos and big problem for just CA educated students, here's the competition and most of the open jobs are going to the ones that did their clinicals in that hospital or knew of the people that can help with their hiring inside or those that are "internals" (already working there but not yet as a RN):

    -- I'll start. I live in Sacramento, California. I went to school in the San Diego area. The outlook in CA is bleek. Stanford medical center-600+ applicants for 15 spots. UC Davis 600-700 applicants for roughly 10 spots. With those odds..who knows. Its definitely hard here in California.

    -- Down in SoCal, UCLA had almost 2000 last time and not a handful of spots. Same with USC almost 2000 applicants. The other smaller hospitals get several hundreds of applicants for less than 10 spots total for all departments.

    -- Absolutely brutal from NoCal to SoCal.

    So really guys, I think maybe there's a blessing in disguise for us foreign students and nurses that we're not trying to go head-to-head with the CA based nurses, imagine how hard that would be. Not saying don't try to apply but realize the odds against us are even more difficult as more and more CA hospitals are looking at mostly their own CA students or hiring internally or if out of state they had some very nice resumes and high GPA's, lots of excellent references, lots of volunteer work, lots of charity events, etc. But not to say also, that other States are easy, as they are also suffering from high unemployment of new grad nurses, even some experienced ones.

    But it's still very tough as I looked at one of my new nursing friends from CA and WOW, her resume is very impressive, but still unable to find a job after almost one year. She's bright, well-spoken, etc, but only three interviews but no offers.

    What's so sad her 2 best friends are now fully employed and making some very good money one at $35/hr and one at $48/hr as a new grad starting salary, but she knows they were just as qualified and just feels left out.

    I live in Sacramento too. you're right it's hard to get a job nowadays. 1% chance of finding a job and 99% chance of getting denied. Unless you have a friend or a family member that will help you to get a decent job.
  7. Visit  ulna profile page
    0
    Quote from areesh23
    haha! goodluck to us! Update us with the status of your application please..haha! or can I have your email of fb instead? so I can keep in touch with you. btw, I'm planning on taking the LVN instead, I just sent my requests to my school last week. haha. I got stuck up, wasn't able to decide what to do because of this concurrency issues..
    Haha seriously. I've been anxious ever since. Unfortunately I can't receive PMs yet but tell me your email instead and I'll message you?
  8. Visit  ohhlala profile page
    0
    Quote from ulna
    Haha seriously. I've been anxious ever since. Unfortunately I can't receive PMs yet but tell me your email instead and I'll message you?
    Hi i just graduated too. Hows your application?
  9. Visit  hjreid profile page
    0
    thanks! I just recieved my letter from BON today. and they did deny for now taking the NCLEX. same with others, i have to take up OB and MS. thanks though!
  10. Visit  ulna profile page
    0
    Quote from ohhlala
    Hi i just graduated too. Hows your application?
    No idea yet, I just sent it in 3 weeks ago. I probably won't hear about it until November. :/

    Quote from hjreid
    thanks! I just recieved my letter from BON today. and they did deny for now taking the NCLEX. same with others, i have to take up OB and MS. thanks though!
    Aw that sucks, hjreid. So what're you gonna plan to do now?
  11. Visit  ohhlala profile page
    0
    Hjreid,

    Why? Bec of the concurrency issue or bec you lacked theory/clinical hours?
  12. Visit  ohhlala profile page
    0
    Quote from ulna
    No idea yet, I just sent it in 3 weeks ago. I probably won't hear about it until November. :/Aw that sucks, hjreid. So what're you gonna plan to do now?
    Ohh. Goodluck! Hope you get your eligibility letter. please update us.
  13. Visit  areesh23 profile page
    0
    Quote from ulna
    Haha seriously. I've been anxious ever since. Unfortunately I can't receive PMs yet but tell me your email instead and I'll message you?
    I can't send PMs as well. Anyways, here's my email. sheeragarrido@yahoo.com THANKS

Need Help Searching For Someone's Comment? Enter your keywords in the box below and we will display any comment that matches your keywords.



Nursing Jobs in every specialty and state. Visit today and find your dream job.

Top
close
close