CA BRN new requirements for NCLEX RN international students - page 2
by jamalang 255,834 Views | 1102 Comments
I had already registered online in Pearson Vue but I think I'm not yet eligible to take the test. Is there an expiration date for my registration at PV? I received a letter from CA BON requesting for new requirements such as:... Read More
- 0Quote from juan de la cruzThank you Sir for your reply. Yes, I should consider myself lucky because CA doesn't require CGFNS yet. And fortunately I had my copy of OR and DR cases. I'm just a bit confused because they stated "a copy of your clinical rotation schedule for your cases" not the list of OR & DR cases. Yesterday, I mailed them the list of my cases, copy of SS number and local license. I did my part, I wish my school will follow up the curriculum asap because I'm getting worried, I already registered at Pearson Vue even though I haven't met BRN's requirements.Well, if these are the new requirements, then every applicant has to comply in order to go through the CA licensure process. You should already have a form that provides information regarding your clinical rotation schedule for assisted/actual deliveries, cord dressing and major/minor surgeries because this is a document that is required by the Professional Regulation Commission in the Philippines in order to apply for the NLE. Your nursing school should also be able to supply the board with a complete school curriculum and a one page curriculum outline and academic calendar. That shouldn't be that hard for schools to produce. If at all, CA is very much attuned to issues surrounding nursing education in the Philippines and is making sure applicants for licensure received adequate training in their programs. They could go the route of other states that require CGFNS evaluation and you don't want that because that takes a long time to process.
- 0Quote from anntweetYeah, I didn't expect to have additional requirements. I already mailed BRN some of it yesterday, and my school in processing the curriculum. I guess I'll just be waiting for few more weeks. Thank you ann. God blessOh really? seems theyre getting tough and strict on the requirements huh! i got my Clinical Experience Record Summary from my school in the Philippines.. they were the oneS who sent it to the BRN here in CA. i think you can email that Board of Nursing about it. Hope you'll be eligible for your exam soonest.
- 1Quote from mischa084CA is getting strict on international nurses. Maybe you can write an explanation letter about local license, but I've heard that they really require a SS number. The last three reqs, you can ask your school about it. It's good if you have a copy of your OR & DR cases. Good luck to both of usOh my God really? these are the new requirements? im actually in California now and will still process those application, and probaby thats what they will require for me too.. how unfortunate.. i dont have those either as well..
- 0Oct 29, '11 by mischa084Quote from jamalangCA is getting strict on international nurses. Maybe you can write an explanation letter about local license, but I've heard that they really require a SS number. The last three reqs, you can ask your school about it. It's good if you have a copy of your OR & DR cases. Good luck to both of us
hi jamalang, can i add you in facebook so we can talk about our Nclex-california venture. thanks hope u dont mind..
- 0Nov 3, '11 by veda03i also recieved that letter today. I am presently here in California and all my cases in the Philippines is submitted in PRC so by now i dont know what i have to do. As i remember, the School that i attended during nursing school they take a copy form the cases that we get from clinical rotation and im hoping that they have all that copies.
- 0Nov 3, '11 by nihaojailanI applied early 2011 and had same set of requirements. I however did not mail them my cases on OR, DR and nursery. My school mailed them my student diary or logbook or box chart of duty dates when I had my duty, it had my signature and my instructor's signature on. I also mailed them my summary or RLE. Our school also mailed them a school catalogue and a the nursing curriculum (100+ pages). Oh and my class sched from 1st - 4th year. Yes the whole she-bang. So let's hope your respective schools kept you registration forms and schedule forms.
I got my ATT a month after that.
- 0Nov 7, '11 by veda03this is what honable ******* emailed me,
Good evening... I believe your school records are safely kept right in the college where you graduated. The PRC does not keep for long the records submitted for the NLE.. just like any office there are records retention policies...
You are advised therefore to communicate to the College of Nursing where you graduated.
Hon. ************s Information Officer
Ethico-Legal Affairs Officer
Member, Board of Nursing
(this is auto-generated)
Last edit by Silverdragon102 on Nov 7, '11 : Reason: name removed