CA Board of Nursing - page 41
i was eligible to sit for the nclex for California. wow.. so i took my exam this september, went the distance all 265 questions. unfortunately i didnt pass. got my results and "near passing standard" all across the board. so... Read More
- 0Jul 9, '12 by LanzeQuote from AsteriaThe BRN want you go to a nursing school. They should have given you a list of approved schools with that letter of denial they sent you. When you go to that school, you need to talk to the Nursing Director and show her you're letter and you're transcript plus all other school documents you have (RLE). Good luck with finding a school that will have a spot for you. I've heard about hundreds of people like you (and me) all competing for one spot in a program. Unfortunately, the reality is the nursing schools here refuse to squeeze us in.Guys I have the same problem BRN wants me to take additional course work both theory and clinical practice thats what they told me but they did not specifically told me what to take. But they told me to have my transcript and the detailed description of Med/Surg and OB courses i took be evaluated by the nursing director in schools here in CA. I am so frustrated. I do not know what to do now, I plan to submit an application for LVN. What did you guys do about this? I need advice
I suppose you could try to take the LVN. That's not the road I took, but maybe someone here on allnurses can tell you their experience.
You could wait. For what? I don't know. For California to be more open to foreign grads? For nursing schools to let foreign grads slip into their programs? I don't know.
You can do what I'm doing now and apply to other states. California is not open to us, but one of these 49 states is.
You really should do your research. I was like you. I applied in Cali without knowing the current situation. Make sure you research the state you plan to apply in, if you do want to apply to other states. That's what you have allnurses for.
Good luck to both of us.
- 0Jul 9, '12 by steppybayTo Lanze and others: yep, I agree with you. Unfortunately, it does say that the application fees is non-refundable, so guys, if you plan to take the chance, you know now, it's like taking a bad gamble and better off putting that money at the jackpot machine.
The problem is that even the top 5 PH colleges are truly not meeting CA BON requirements, of all my friends and their friends, not a one has gotten approved and I would safely say, we talking at least 39, but there have been other posters here claiming their friends and batchmate got approved? But I think they are mostly referring to those that applied before the stronger enforcement month/year or they submitted false documents, one big reason the CA BON is looking into the overseas applications, but it's not just us PH grads. Even those coming from the UK, Russia, India and China are having problems with the concurrency problem or they lack certain courses and do not meet the CA BON standards.
Here's a list of the CA BON schools, good luck in finding one, we've called and e-mailed them all. Same story, either NO, we don't have any courses, YES, we do, but it's on a very limited basis, YES, we accept applications once a year, NO you can't just take one course, you must enroll in the entire program. I know the schools are obligated to their already enrolled students and the offering to outside students is not something they are required to do. Realize also, that all CA schools are already cutting out courses, less teachers, etc due to budget cuts, while raising the student fees to attend.
Board of Registered Nursing - RN Programs
I hear you on not wanting to go the LVN way yet, it's not what our career goals were. As just like the new grad RN nurses, LVN's are also having a very tough time finding a job and as you go thru the topics here, many LVN's are being phased out and more places are hiring CNA's as they are paid at half the wages of an LVN, so more places are using CNA's and RN's to make for better profits which is ok, profits are needed to pay everyone, but it comes at the LVN's expenses. Then, even if you are an LVN, to cross that bridge into the RN-BSN program, the schools have a 3-4 year waiting list, but some now offer a lottery system, but that's hard to get into also as there are certain ways to get a lottery number. The other places that don't have a waiting list are very expensive and as foreign students we must pay from $22,000 to over $30,000, which is the same for any US student, but they are offered financial aid.
So many PH students today going to nursing school now still think CA is having a nursing shortage and that everyone and anyone can work at any nursing job once they pass the NCLEX and start making $35 an hour as a new grad.
But at the end of the day, we must blame the CHED, PRC and PNA for not meeting the CA BON minimum requirements and leading us on for many years. These are the agencies that messed all of us, not the CA BON.Last edit by Silverdragon102 on Jul 31, '12 : Reason: pm to member
- 0Jul 9, '12 by steppybayDon't forget guys that the CA BON started and has it written in their rules and regulations policy of the concurrency requirements since 1987.
Guys, that's probably the year most of us were born around in plus or minus 5 years here and there and yet OUR own educational system FAILED and failed with that in mind, to ever change to meet the CA BON standards!!
The CHED, PRC and the PNA have ALL everyone single one of them from their board members to anyone connected to them FAILED US!
25 years and they still insist on NOT changing their DUMB AND OLD ways! Typical PH cronies!
- 0Jul 9, '12 by AsteriaGuys.. I tried calling every single one of the list. THey said they are not offering single classes. I have 1 school left I haven't called which is UCLA, still waiting to answer my call i am on hold. Right now I am confused, so lost and so frustrated I don't know what to do now since I can't even enroll to a school that offers a class that the BRN wants me to do. Guys any advise please?
- 0Jul 9, '12 by AsteriaThe letter says that i have to look up for an accredited school of nursing in their website right now I don't want to take a risk because they are already so strict any little mistakes would cause me a denial and a waste of money.
Well I called San Diego State University they told me fall enrollment is full and they will have to see for spring and the University of California Irvine does offer but only the theory but I am not sure if the BRN will allow me to take the theory and clinical practice 2 different school. Anyone knows? Any advice would help.Last edit by Silverdragon102 on Jul 31, '12 : Reason: quote removed from view
- 0Jul 10, '12 by steppybayQuote from AsteriaI would send an e-mail to the CA BON to better answer your question. Keep us posted if you do and get an answer from them.The letter says that i have to look up for an accredited school of nursing in their website right now I don't want to take a risk because they are already so strict any little mistakes would cause me a denial and a waste of money.
Well I called San Diego State University they told me fall enrollment is full and they will have to see for spring and the University of California Irvine does offer but only the theory but I am not sure if the BRN will allow me to take the theory and clinical practice 2 different school. Anyone knows? Any advice would help.Last edit by Silverdragon102 on Jul 31, '12 : Reason: original post edited
- 0Jul 10, '12 by pnay_dollHi, htodab
So you mean even you pass all the requirements that they ask they still denied your reapplication.
Im confused now because Im processing my reapplication. I already send my Clinical cases that there asking me. Im stress out after reading all the blogs that even I pass my clinical cases.They will denied it because of concurrency issues. Because I have one cases I did after graduation just to experience different kind of cases. But they are asking me if i have extra/additional cases aside from the 25 cases, which I have a copy on my logbook.
I dont know if Im still gonna process my extra cases and in the need they will just gonna denied it.Because I will need to have my clinical instructor bfore to sign my cases and sealed it by schools.
- 0Jul 11, '12 by pnay_dollQuote from steppybayI know.. But i have cases on my logbook that I did during my third year i didnt include some of it on the one i pass to Prc... Can i send a letter of explanation from school while processing to pass my additional cases there asking me..pnay_doll: I think you will get rejected due to completing a case after graduation, the rules are you're suppose to complete all your cases BEFORE graduation.
- 0Jul 11, '12 by steppybayQuote from pnay_dollYou can try, you never know, but there have been someone else posting the same and was denied.I know.. But i have cases on my logbook that I did during my third year i didnt include some of it on the one i pass to Prc... Can i send a letter of explanation from school while processing to pass my additional cases there asking me..