Bridging programs for IENs in CanadaRegister Today!
- by pamiwhite05 Feb 9Hi all, in trying to find out more on Info on SEC assessments and bridging program's to enable British trained nurses to gain a licence in Canada. Does anyone with first hand experience have any info they can share? I see from other posts at the majority of UK nurses are been asked to sit the SEC assessment pertaining to mental health and paediatrics, however has anyone been required to undertake a bridging program? What was required, I myself have a Bsc not higher diploma and I am really hoping this might edge it so I don't need to be assessed or undertake a bridging program but that could be naivety on my part
- 542 Views
- Feb 9 by JustBeachyNurseMoved to nurse registration as this refers to internationally educated nurses.
- Feb 9 by loriangel14You will need to be assessed.Everyone gets assesed, there is no way around that one.
- Feb 10 by pamiwhite05I have been reading on some forums that not every IEN is required to sit an SEC assessment?
- Feb 10 by Silverdragon102Which is a result from assessment from the college and as mentioned before a lot will go on what training was like and that Paeds, Mental Health, Obstetrics and Adult was covered