Bridging Program for IENs at Centennial College, CanadaRegister Today!
- by Felton20 Nov 26, '12Hi Everyone
I'm a new RN in the Philippines and passed my papers to CNO (still waiting for their decision) but it's most likely that they would require me to undergo bridging program cause I dont have any experience here.
I'm planning to apply to the Bridging Program for IENs at Centennial College. Does anyone have any plans to take it as well? Im not a Canadian Citizen nor do i have PR status. Centennial College accepts international students (Student permit) though.
I know there are already a lot of threads regarding steps to CNO and bridging programs. But I want to hear from someone who has gone through the actual bridging program for IENS at Centennial College and any information or opinions. How long did it take to apply for the program and how long was the actual program for a new RN with no experience
Any response would be very much appreciated.
- 896 Views
- Dec 17, '12 by toronto_nurseOne thing that I do know about this bridging program is that IEN's are not guranteed a spot at Ryerson. Ryerson will accept bridging students with a cummulative GPA of 3.0 with no failed or repeated courses but that is not the case for IEN students.
- Dec 17, '12 by Felton20Thank you for your reply.
So what are my options after doing the bridging program for one year at centennial? If Ryerson won't accept me , will other universities accept international students who underwent bridging program at Centennial ?
- Dec 17, '12 by toronto_nurseThe bridging program at Centennial allows you to bridge only to Ryerson's BScN program. This is how the program is designed. Bridging students enter Ryerson as 3rd year BScN students but they enter with post-diploma students and not with regular BScN or BScN collaborative students.
Do contact the IEN bridging coordinator at Centennial College for more information. Talking to somewhere there is more beneficial for you.
- Dec 17, '12 by Felton20Thank you. I have emailed the coordinator. Just waiting for a reply.
- Dec 20, '12 by toronto_nurseDo keep us posted on what they say!
- Dec 21, '12 by Felton20Well all they said was to contact them when I get the Letter of Direction coming from CNO
- Aug 6 by i_am_ishiHi felton! Im wondering how did your CNO application went? I dont have a pr status or whatsoever.. Im also thinking of heading the same route as you.. Any progress since your last posts?! Thanks !!