AHPRA RN Registration Process (Australia)... please help...Register Today!
- by rebekah_ash Aug 30, '10I've been reading a lot of questions about the new registration process in Australia... I hope others can share their experiences for all of us.... Before, the qualifications for overseas nurses to register in Australia is very specific... I think there are confusions because of the new procedure.
I hope to help by posting these sites:
1. Application for Registration (Overseas Nurses)
2. Registration Process
3. Overseas Nurses Guidelines/Qualifications
4. Registration Requirements
That's all I can find as of the moment...
Before Overseas Nurses who have years of experiences in UK, Canada, US and singapore do not need to undergo a bridge course. I do not know if it is still the same today... What if there are 3-5 years of hospital nursing experience in other countries not mentioned??? I also do not know the answer yet..
I hope others will choose to enlighten others by sharing their insights and experiences....Last edit by rebekah_ash on Aug 30, '10
- 5,486 Views
- Oct 1, '10 by Leela81Thanks for the links. I'm a RN and Nurse-Midwife from the USA and I have applied for registration in Australia this summer and have found the transition to the National nursing/midwifery board very frustrating. I recently was told that they hadn't been processing international applications b/c they didn't have anything in place to do so. But as of the ~2nd wk of Sept they have started. They advised me that it may take another 3 months for them to process my application and that they are starting with the main countries such as the UK and United States. So, to all other internation applicants hang in there!
- Dec 24, '12 by enoddingsDoes anyone know which AHPRA form to fill out and submit to register as a RN to work in Australia? They have several forms on the website and is very confusing. Is it the "Application for general registration -AGEN 40" form?