Hello all advanced practice nurses! I will graduate in a couple of weeks and will be elligible to obtain APN licensure from my state board. My state (Arkansas) requires a certification exam. Here is what I understand about the timeline for licensure:
1) I will recieve permission to test through ANCC after they recieve my application and transcripts. This could take 8-10 weeks.
2) I then schedule and take exam. I'll know immediately if I passed
3) I then have to wait another 8-10 weeks for the BON to issue my licensure
Okay, so if I understand this correctly I'm looking at up to 4 months between the time I graduate and the time I obtain my license. This is crazy!!!!!
I already have a job lined up and they are wanting to know when I can start. They don't want me to start before I am licensed. I'm really worried that this opportunity will be history by the time I'm able to start working.
So anyway, what I was wanting to know from you all is this:
1) How long did it take you to obtain licensure after graduation?
2) Did it take as long as ANCC and your BON estimated it would take?