Is Tramadol a scheduled drug?Register Today!
- by nitasarn Mar 27Im in the state of missouri and I was wondering if Tramadol is considered a scheduled narcotic?
- Mar 27 by TheCommuterI've never known for tramadol (Ultram) to have ever been a scheduled narcotic in any state in the Union. Even though it is narcotic-like, it is not a true narcotic.
- Mar 27 by nitasarnthanks
- Mar 27 by nursetimNM considers it a schedule IV, I believe.
- Mar 27 by traumaRUsIt IS a controlled substance now in many states.
http://www.medscape.com/resource/pain/opioid-policiesLast edit by traumaRUs on Mar 27
- Apr 1 by reddgirlNot in Florida yet.
- Apr 2 by BlueDevil,DNPIt is controlled in my state. It has a high potential for abuse.
- Apr 2 by FuturePsychNPI referenced Epocrates for this answer, and I've never known Epocrates to be wrong lol, but it states "Status varies by state. May be OTC, OTC w/ restrictions, Rx, or Schedule II-V; status determined by state laws."
Federally, there doesn't seem to be a control over tramadol or variants.