Suggestions for studying for the ANCC Adult-Gero Cert ExamRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Suggestions for studying for the ANCC Adult-Gero Cert Exam in Nurse Practitioners (NP), part of Advanced Practice Nursing ... Hi everyone at allnurses.com! I am going to be sitting for the ANCC Adult-Gero certification...by mmk130 Feb 6Hi everyone at allnurses.com!
I am going to be sitting for the ANCC Adult-Gero certification exam in approximately two weeks (FYI, I took the AANP and didn't fair so well). Nevertheless, just looking for some suggestions for prepping for this exam. I have the Fitzgerald CD's and her book, that's it. Anyone out there took this new exam yet (it began Jan.28)? I hear it has multiple choice, choose all that apply, point and click, etc.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=813829©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 936 Views
- Feb 6 by reddgirlAre you serious?! Oh Dear Lord! I would have literally died! Try to get your hands on APEA, Liek, and Claborn. You should also take a review seminar if you can.
- Feb 7 by LLDPaRNIf you had difficulty with Fitzgerald's material, I recommend considering Tom Barkley's courses. He offers both live courses as well as home study. I used his materials for the acute care exam in late 2011 and found that the material he covered was pretty much what was tested. Money well spent . His home study materials aren't cheap BUT he claims a high pass rate on the exams. His website is Barkley & Associates Certification Review/Clinical Update Continuing Education. He does offer materials for the adult-gero exam as well as acute care and several others.
- Feb 7 by mmk130Thanks everyone for your suggestions! I signed up today on AdultNPprep.com -- as they have actually just recently added specific questions geared towards the Adult-gero NP exam with ANCC. The price was good (marked down) and then you can add SAVE-ABPX for an additional 10% off. I did the practice exam for free and now have 5 tests of 100 questions each to do. I hope this helps! Let me know if anyone else has tried these test questions and if you found them helpful.
Good luck to all and thanks again
- Feb 14 by AWilerI'm so glad you asked about this! I work for ANCC, and our Credentialing Knowledge Center (the branch of ANCC that produces exam prep materials) just came out with web-based practice test question and answer sets to help prepare for this exam! 90-day access to 100 questions is available for each Adult-Gero NP exam for $115. ANCC Online Educational Review Products
Anita Wiler, ANCC Marketing
- Feb 16 by mmk130Thank you Anita!! I found them )