Passed ANCC FNP - page 3
by cougdogrn 13,351 Views | 27 Comments
I just wanted to share my thoughts as many of you are taking your boards soon. I passed my ANCC FNP exam today. In January I sent my application to ANCC and pre-registered to have my transcripts sent from my school to both the... Read More
- 0Aug 14, '13 by MC1906SOM-
I will definitely do the practice questions on the ANCC website. In addition to those, are you referring to the questions that you can buy from the ANCC. It comes with 2 sample test banks and you can review them over and over w/rationales?
I have the yellow book! It's great...I need to reread the first few chapters again, as was suggested previously.
Nervous....I'm trying not to be! But I'm doing my best so hopefully I will pass the first time around!
Thank you once again!
- 0Aug 20, '13 by MC1906Nervous...but I PASSED! MUCH harder than I would have ever thought this exam would be. I would definitely get the yellow book from ANCC, familynpprep.com questions were really helpful and use Fitzgerald (attend a seminar or buy the CDs). If anyone has any questions about the new format....please let me know.
- 0Oct 26, '13 by delilahgirlMC1906 I just read your post and even though its a few months old, congrats on passing the exam. I was wondering about the new format of the exam. I mean I know the format hasn't changed just the content per se. So far I have been studying using the Fitzgerald review course. I bought the online reveiw course which gives you access to each module 4 times. I have gone through each module once and am now going through each one a second time taking notes on the things I think are things I need to study. I am almost done with my second go around of the modules. After that I was planning on going back to my NP book that I used during my program and reading it, trying to correlate it with what I studied already from Fitzgerald and taking notes on anything pertinent that jumps out at me. I also have the Fitzgerald review book which I've read through a few times. I just noticed the yellow ANCC FNP review book on the ANCC website last night and was wondering if I should buy it? I saw that it was published in 2010 so I was wondering if it was up to date with the new exam. But you said you studied from it and it helped you? I was wondering if I should just buy it. I don't know what else to do to study. I am always afraid to buy those NP questions on random websites because I never know if they are going to be good enough practice material for the test. Like are they going to be representative of actual test questions? Sometimes they seem just a bit too easy. Also, how long did you study before taking the test? I have to pay for my test and wait the 3-4 weeks it takes for them to approve my application, so that puts me at late November, early December at the earliest. I would really like to take it before the end of the year. Any pointers you can provide would be really helpful!
- 2Feb 18 by HephzyI just joined today, I decided to do so because the discussion helped me narrow done on what to study. If you are doing the AANP exams, I will encourage you to buy test questions from Exam Edge, http://www.familynpprep.com. Also, read the NURSE PRACTITIONER CERTIFICATION EXAMINATION AND PRACTICE PREPARATION , It is a gold mine. I used those for my review for about a month. It was very helpful!!! It feels so good to pass. I just passed and I am so excited. FNP-BC
- 1Mar 13 by TangueraHi Hephzy and all of you other FNP-BCers!!
Thanks all for your input with the boards. Reading through these posts have been helpful.
I am scheduled to take the boards for FNP ANCC soon and I did purchase some tests on the familynpprep site but I'm wondering what you all were getting on those exams. I have scored a little below 350 on some, but also in the 380's. I am not sure if I'm ready to take the boards yet so I'm wondering if those Exam Edge http://www.familynpprep.com results are in any way indicative of what I might get on the real exam?
Also, I got 75% on the Fitzgerald practice test.
Did others who have passed the boards get these types of scores on the practice tests?
I just want to know if my scores indicate whether I'm ready or if I should just keep on studying.
Any thoughts on this?
Thanks so much!
Quote from HephzyI just joined today, I decided to do so because the discussion helped me narrow done on what to study. If you are doing the AANP exams, I will encourage you to buy test questions from Exam Edge, http://www.familynpprep.com. Also, read the NURSE PRACTITIONER CERTIFICATION EXAMINATION AND PRACTICE PREPARATION , It is a gold mine. I used those for my review for about a month. It was very helpful!!! It feels so good to pass. I just passed and I am so excited. FNP-BCLast edit by Tanguera on Mar 13 : Reason: addition