Online Adult NP ProgramsRegister Today!
- by ReeseW Aug 3, '10Hello Fellow RN's
I was wondering if anyone has gone through or is currently earning their Adult NP degree online? If so, would you recommend yours? I am a NY resident applying to the state schools as my primary choice since they are the most economically feasible option. If however, I am not accepted into their program for next year, I am willing to study at a private college.
Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated
- Aug 3, '10 by XmasDivineUniversity of Arizona School of Nursing has online DNP programs
- Aug 5, '10 by MERCEDES674University of St. Francis has an online ANP program. I am currently in their FNP program. I like it, the instructors are very helpful and they answer all of your questions in a timely manner. Because of marketing, you should do the FNP instead of ANP. You don't have to work with children once you start practicing. I certainly don't plan to do so.
- Aug 6, '10 by nursep2bNo one seems to think that going with anything other than FNP is a good idea. I'm in an online adult np program because I was told that was the only program I qualified for because of my lack of pediatric experience.
If the "specialty" programs are not any good, why are the schools selling them? I hate to think I would not find a job after all the time and money spent on this venture.
- Aug 8, '10 by Kangoshi_Reese,
I did my FNP as a hybrid online/clinical experience through Rutgers in NJ. I found the pricing reasonable and got me where I want to be! I'll be happy to provide any info if you're interested.
- Aug 9, '10 by greatgirl123Quote from kimaboogie00i'm doing it online at felician college in nj.. how many classes did you take per semester, and what do you recommend on to prepare for when goin to clincal sites.Reese, I just graduated from Stony Brook's FNP online program (which they have since gotten rid of). PM me if you have any specific questions...
are there any books, technological devices you recommend for clincal sites?
did you have to write up papers on your clincal sites areas?