Needing help! Trying to find a second degree rn to np programRegister Today!
- by mursejohns Mar 31Hey everyone I have been doing a lot of research and can't seem to find anything specific to my predicament. I am currently enrolled in an adn program and will be done in 3 semesters. I already have a BA in counseling psych and would like to become a psychiatric NP. Anyone out there know of any programs that are second degree rn's wanting to get into psych NP?
I am just looking for the quickest route so I can get into what I want to do. Thanks
- Apr 1 by BCgradnurseMy alma mater, Boston College, has such a program. I believe there are many schools around the country that offer RN to MSN bridge programs. You can always call local schools and see what they have to offer. Good luck!
- Apr 1 by SycamoreGuyI think most of those programs are designed for people without RN licensure. You need to find an RN to MSN program that doesn't require a BSN. Even though it doesn't make sense many entry level MSN programs stipulate that you cannot be an RN.
- Apr 1 by myelinThere are a lot of ADN to MSN programs out there...
- Apr 1 by mmc51264Duke has a ton of RN-MSN, not apsych one, though They encourage those w/ previous bachelors to go straight into MSN programs.
- Apr 1 by justin.jI've seen plenty of RN-MSN programs, and plenty of accelerated (or second degree) BSN and MSN programs. But I don't think I've seen any second degree RN-MSN programs. I think you would essentially just transfer in any GE or applicable credits from your undergrad to knock off some classes, but I'm not entirely sure. Good luck in your search!
- Apr 1 by priorities2Vanderbilt has one, I believe.