looking for a job....Register Today!
This is a discussion on looking for a job.... in Nurse Practitioners (NP), part of Advanced Practice Nursing ... is it safe to say that you should have your license before looking. I did a phone interview with...by nitasarn Nov 1, '12is it safe to say that you should have your license before looking. I did a phone interview with the hospital that im currently with now, but when ive been applying to other entities its always "do you have your license.....no its pending...oh ill keep you in mind let me now when you have your license? How did my other classmates find employment...geez. Im asking my myself if I should stop applying until i get that piece of paper.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=795365©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,476 Views
- Nov 1, '12 by tryingtohaveitallHave you scheduled to take your exam? I had people willing to interview me prior to having my license but they were encouraged when I could give them a timeline for taking the exam.
- Nov 1, '12 by nitasarnIve already taken and passed my exams, on my resume i have that my license is pending because im still waiting.
- Nov 1, '12 by tryingtohaveitallCongratulations! If that's all you're waiting on, I would definitely be looking. Not sure how your board of nursing is but my license was issued fairly quickly after I submitted all my paperwork.
- Nov 1, '12 by AymeseI agree with the above poster. My BON processed by APRN license in about one week.
- Nov 2, '12 by SamIAm221I am in the same boat. Here in Illinois, the state processes all professional licenses. I mailed in my application Sept 13th and still no license. When I was able to reach them by phone, I was told they have 2 people processing ALL Illinois nursing licenses! In the mean time, I have suspended the job search for the same reason. Employers don't want to hear your license is pending. I am waiting until I have my license in hand before I restart the job search. I have had to pass up 2 jobs that would have been a good fit for me due to not having my license!
- Nov 2, '12 by nitasarnThanks for the reply I'm just glad I'm not alone. Right now I just feel like I should be applying and not waste time but hey what can u do
- Nov 2, '12 by perioddramaQuote from nitasarnThink of it as a mini-vacation or even mini-staycation. After all, you survived school and your exams.Thanks for the reply I'm just glad I'm not alone. Right now I just feel like I should be applying and not waste time but hey what can u do