Graceland University online FNP programRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Graceland University online FNP program in Nurse Practitioners (NP), part of Advanced Practice Nursing ... I am interested in any information and opinions surrounding Graceland University online FNP...by TerryBSN Jun 22, '08I am interested in any information and opinions surrounding Graceland University online FNP program. I am considering applying to the program and would like to hear from anyone that has been through this program or knows of someone who has.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=312073©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 7,878 Views
- Jun 23, '08 by johnson0424i have a friend that went there and she does not reccomend it i went to uab fnp online and i really liked it
- Jun 23, '08 by Dr. Tammy, FNP/GNP-CI have not heard anything positive about Graceland. Fastest and most expensive is not always the best.
- Jul 3, '08 by FNPMEWow! I am sorry to hear that some people didn't like the Graceland program. I went there and found it to be WONDERFUL! I had two small children at home and I found the program to be very flexible! I loved it!
- Aug 21, '08 by ivanh3Quote from Tammy79, RNIts neither the fastest nor the most expensive. I am not sure where you get your information from, but please check your facts before your post please.I have not heard anything positive about Graceland. Fastest and most expensive is not always the best.
As a current Graceland student for going on two years, I can tell you that there are many positive qualities about the school. I am not suggesting that it is perfect, but what school is?
- Aug 22, '08 by Jo DirtIs it in Memphis, TN?
- Aug 22, '08 by ivanh3Quote from GoLytelyUh, no ma'am, its in Iowah and Missourah.Is it in Memphis, TN?
Thank yuh...thank yuh very mhuch....Last edit by ivanh3 on Jul 18, '09
- Jul 18, '09 by dkf66I am slated to start the FNP online program @ Graceland 8/31/09. I am debating between this school and Univ of Colorado - Colorado Springs. I was accepted to both but am really unsure which is a better fit for me. Does anyone know if Statistics is required in either program?
- Jul 18, '09 by ivanh3Quote from dkf66Stats is required for Graceland, and I assume it would be for CU CO Springs. Did you not have it for your BSN?I am slated to start the FNP online program @ Graceland 8/31/09. I am debating between this school and Univ of Colorado - Colorado Springs. I was accepted to both but am really unsure which is a better fit for me. Does anyone know if Statistics is required in either program?
I have no complaints about Graceland. They have made some changes that won't effect me, but that I feel are really positive. The HARDEST thing IMHO for any of these programs, distance or otherwise, is finding a preceptor. You should be looking right now! If they are easy to find in your area, then you have just completed the biggest obstacle to FNP training.
Consider the cost. I don't know how expensive CU CO Springs is and if you are considered out of state or not. Graceland is exensive (around the Univ/Phoenix range). Also consider how flexible you can be in terms of schedule. Odds are if you are currently working 5 eights/9-5, you will have to change positions or seek other employment, as the bank schedule will interfere with clinicals. If you are working 12s and you can move the days around pretty easy (weekends/nights, etc) you will most like be able to continue to work. Of course there is spouse/significant other, kids, family, etc to consider.
They are both good programs. The first NP program in the country was in CU Denver. It began with a PNP course and grew from there.
- Jul 18, '09 by dkf66Thank you for replying! Very helpful. Are you currently enrolled at Graceland?
First, I did take statistics in the BSN program. But, I heard that an additional statistics class is required in the MSN programs. Yuck. It was my least favorite course. I am hoping I do not have to take it again.
I think I am ahead in the preceptor area. I have an internist stepping up for me. Lucky me!!
I just finished my BSN at Univ of Phx last week. So, the cost factor will be the same for me. Unfortunate to have to keep writing checks. ha. I did hear that there is some sort of computer program that must be purchased for the schooling at Graceland. So, I assume that is different than UOPX since we didn't have any downloadable program requirement. Do you know anything about that? I heard it is to track the hours you are online...
One more thing, what does "bank schedule" mean?
Thanks again Ivan. This is great news for me. It sounds like Graceland offers a sound program and most people are very happy with it!