Do I need individual malpractice?Register Today!
- by LHendon May 24, '12I'm a new NP getting ready to start at a family practice. They are going to be providing malpractice, but I wonder if I should get my own as well. Any thoughts or advice?
- May 24, '12 by traumaRUsYes, yes, yes....the litigious nature of our job almost guarantees you WILL be NAMED in a suit!
Your employer will want to preserve their own interests and therefore will protect you while employed by them.
However, if you are found at all liable and/or named by their malpractice insurance as having a claim paid on your behalf (even if you did nothing wrong!!!), you may be faced with board of nursing action.
Your medical malpractice looks out for YOU....
- May 24, '12 by LHendonThanks, Thats pretty much what I was thinking as well. Any reputable ones that your aware of??
- May 24, '12 by traumaRUsNSO, Proliability and Marsh.
- May 24, '12 by zenmanYes. Mine's around $900 a year.
- May 28, '12 by LHendonthanks for all the feedback