Can FNP work as hospitalist?Register Today!
- by jessarnp33 Nov 15, '12I know many do it but is it out of scope if FNP practices as a hospitalist?
- Nov 16, '12 by BlueDevil,DNPThis will vary from state to state. Check you state practice act.
- Nov 17, '12 by mammac5It's okay in NC.
- Nov 17, '12 by jessarnp33How about FL? Where do you find it?
- Nov 17, '12 by BlueDevil,DNPCheck with the FL BON
- Dec 26, '12 by AlisabethYes, in Fl an FNP can work as a hospitalist. I have met and worked with many.
- Dec 26, '12 by ChristineNAs stated, depends on the state. My goal is to eventually move back to PA, and preferably work as an NP in the hospital setting. PA did just change it nurse practice act so that if you are an NP and you wish to work inpatient you need to have an acute care NP degree, and FNP's can only work out patient settings.