R.N. Going To Massage Therapy SchoolRegister Today!
This is a discussion on R.N. Going To Massage Therapy School in Nurse Massage Therapists, part of Nursing Specialties ... R.N. Going To Massage Therapy School Hello, all...Happy New Year. I am an Experienced CA R.N....by smilingrn1 Jan 9R.N. Going To Massage Therapy School
Hello, all...Happy New Year. I am an Experienced CA R.N. who will be beginning Massage Therapy school in a few weeks...anyone out there who has done the same, considering doing the same, or have any comments or suggestions for me? I am very much more interested in wellness vs illness, and want to get up each day loving what i do for a living and to be able to work for myself and control my income...I am interested in starting a mobile chair massage business, but will also do full body massages...ANYONE????? thanks...
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=807188©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,295 Views
- Jan 9 by Esme12Welcome Back!
Post moved to own thread in Nurse message therapy for best response.
- Jan 18 by RoyalNurseSo cool, good for you!! I'm a VA RN, graduated from massage therapy school last August, I now work at a Massage Envy in VA for experience, my plan is to become a subcontractor for the nursing homes in the area to provide massage for their residents. It was difficult to memorize all the muscles and their actions, and to get into the massage "vibe". It's a whole different world. . You can PM me if you have any questions, I have some cool neuromuscular therapy and myofascial release books as well.Last edit by RoyalNurse on Jan 18 : Reason: Spelling
- Jan 22 by CulturedFoolI've been on the fence about this for quite some time. I've researched several schools in the area and it seems every time I'm about to pull the trigger some life event gets in the way. Things are good now and I've begun to consider it again but have a few concerns. First, and I hate to be this way, I am concerned about the pay. Then there is the time constraints of going to school and working with family obligations and all but I suppose that's more of an excuse than anything.
- Jan 31 by jdevalesI love it, I have been doing medical massage for 26 years and love it! I am entering my third semester of nursing school and also love it. I started with medical massage and continued my education over the years with ayurvedic massage, swedish, reflexology, and lypossage. I worked at a day spa for a couple of years so added warmstone massage and all the body treatments. So rewarding to help others and they always are happy to see you! I am now very excited to go into nursing and use my compassion to help people in another way. I say go for it, it's inspiring to do something new. It doesn't matter how old you are, I am 52 and I hope to work for many years to come!
- Feb 20 by luvnlfe,LMTI am a clinical massage therapist attending nursing school for my BSN. I love massage and the therapeutic aspects of it.