I was recently hired as a staffing coordinator (nursing )which is new to the hospital as well as a new role for me.
I just wanted to find out from anyone who utilizes a staffing coordinator in their institution how did they go about setting this up.
1. What system was in place prior to using a staffing coordinator?
2. How did you make the transition?
3. Do you find it helpful to the insttution?
4. What do you think are the drawbacks if any?
5. Do you have any written protocols/standards for the position?
Any ideas or suggestions on how to get this off the gorund would be greately appreciated.