Things you'd LOVE to be able to tell patients, and get away with it. - Page 240Register Today!
- Jan 15, '12 by Jaimie.RNPS- I don't get mad about caring for fat patients whatsoever, but if I have to hurt myself to move them and they are rude and abusive to me and take no role in their own care or attempt to get healthier in anyway, meanwhile collecting disability while I have to work for my money and pay taxes to support THEM, makes me angry.
- Jan 16, '12 by leigh_86usJust because you're a drug-addict, doesn't mean you have the right to swear at us and threaten to scream so the whole hospital will feel your pain when we refuse to help you OD.
Also, to the patients who have a same-day surgery procedure but end up getting admitted because "I'm in too much pain to go home," grow up! It's pretty bad when the patient dying of cancer in the next bed is whining less than you are!
To the supervisors who don't give a **** about what goes on in the unit, but who try to throw everyone else under the bus when something goes wrong they could have easily prevented, one word: karma.
Finally, apparently it doesn't take intelligence, ability, or even ethics to get promoted: in some places all you need to do is waste space long enough.
- Jan 17, '12 by opossum"Did you forget something...?"
I don't know, did I? I only have about a hundred things to prepare, execute and document in my 12hr shift. It's possible I might have forgotten something as critical as your fan, or your Pepsi, or ice cream. Speaking of which, I won't give you more Pepsi and ice cream while you are on an INSULIN DRIP. Doesn't matter if the MD OK'd it...I'm the last pass at the bedside and I personally think giving you high carb/high sugar snacks while you're here for uncontrolled hyperglycemia and on an insulin drip is downright stupid. And the fact that I cannot let you leave AMA without trying to keep you here is killing me...
- Jan 18, '12 by Aurora77I've seen pediatric post op patients cry less than you, you big "tough" guy. Every time you hit your call light when you KNOW you can't have pain meds yet, I'm going to postpone giving you your next dose by 15 minutes. I'll see you in April.
- Jan 19, '12 by ChrissyRN74No, Im sorry I can not give your sister/brother/mother/father/friend/uncle/aunt Tylenol for their headache. YOU are my patient and they are not. Why? Well because for some reason I am attached to my license and would like to keep it. I'm sorry sitting here for all hours of the day and night and glaring at me every time I come into the room has given them a headache. No, you can not give them your medications and YES I have to stand here and watch you take the Tylenol that you just made me get for you even though 15 mins ago you said your pain was at 0 and it now has magically manifested itself at an 8. Why not? It goes back to that whole license thingy that I'm attached to for some reason even though it lets me take care of PITAs like you. And for the billionith time (all together now).........NO I Do NOT Know When Your Doctor Is Coming!!Last edit by ChrissyRN74 on Jan 19, '12 : Reason: Missed words