Sex in the workplace.....what do YOU think should be done? - Page 13Register Today!
- May 7, '12 by grownuprosieQuote from pawsomepooch47From the beginning of this thread, I was on the MYOB band wagon. This just affirms it even more for me. It sounds like this doc and his GF were keeping things interesting. (I have no judgment on the extra marital aspect.) We have all been in the position with a partner when you make poor choices because it is exciting. I just hope that when I am 60, I still have the drive to keep things exciting. Yes, the on call room was a poor choice. They are just being human.It's not a resident, it's a 60-ish doctor and his 50-ish girlfriend. Both old enough to know better.
- May 7, '12 by nursel56Quote from pawsomepooch47I'm going to assume it wasn't you who saw the naked nurse scrambling for her clothes, and yet you know that's what happened. Most of you can't figure out what attracted her to him. What is it about your place of employment that working in a gossip mill is OK but two adults having consentual relations is an outrage?That hospitalist is over 60 and prior to becoming a hospitalist he was a GP in this community for years. And a nasty self centered ass. What attracted her to him, most of us cannot figure out.
- May 7, '12 by Hygiene QueenQuote from pawsomepooch47I hardly think 3-4 times a week qualifies for a sex addiction. I would think that is pretty "normal".And I've heard some people have sex addiction. And counseling helps.
- May 7, '12 by netglow
- May 7, '12 by grownuprosieQuote from Hygiene QueenI am ashamed of you! 3-4 times a week is absolutely inappropriate. Sex is only for procreation! Once a month. missionary. no kissing. repeat if it does not take.I hardly think 3-4 times a week qualifies for a sex addiction. I would think that is pretty "normal".
- May 7, '12 by Paco-RNQuote from cally527CLEARLY, you did not read my subsequent reply to a similarly "shocked" member earlier in the day about my original post. I will conveniently requote here for your reading pleasure. Please save your dramatic REALLY for someone else.REALLY???? The hospitalist is the one who was affecting patient care.... he was the one not answering his page. He would have not answered the page regardless of who he was sleeping with.... be it a nurse, admin, housekeeper, or civilian.
Quote from Paco69The OP asked "What do YOU think should happen to her?" My reply simply addressed the question about the nurse since that is all that the OP asked. It goes without saying that the doctor should be equally punished; did not think that needed to be re-emphasized in my reply considering he was never seen again at the hospital.
- May 7, '12 by Old.TimerQuote from KeyMasterI am so sorry for taking up space jus quoting and saying LOL when I've already liked it but that was just too dang good ! LOLThe entire staff of the hospital should obviously have mandatory education provided on how to knock on a door. Of course someone will have to develop a policy on how loud the knock should be and the duration and frequency of the knocking. This will probably require an extensive search of literature to provide evidence for best practice. Additionally, a study should be drafted as to determine which nursing theory is the most effective model to follow.
A suitable consequence should be determined for failure to knock on a closed door, with progressive action for repeated failure to knock. The terms "Knock" and "Closed door" should be clearly defined to enable everyone to follow policy appropriately and avoid misinterpretation of the Knocking On A Closed Door policy. Policy should include proper documentation of knocking or the reason that the knock was not performed.
Understanding of the policy will be verified through testing and return demonstration. Repeat testing will be allowed for the first failed attempt, and a transcript placed in each staff member's file. Understanding should be validated on a yearly basis.
- May 7, '12 by Old.TimerQuote from billyboblewisI'm telling you. You can't make this s** up. LOL. It cracks me up that all of us that have been in the business for years and years are like, yeah.........It is amusing that there are so many self righteous people left in the world. Yes rules may have been broken but no harm occurred. I have been woring in hospitals for over 40 years and know this occurs on a regular basis...I may even have been offender on occasion. At one local hospital a nurse and a doctor engaged themselves in the chapel where the tv camera was on for the oncoming service. They were observed by all who had the TV's on to that channel in the middle of the nite..embarrassing..for sure..This type of behavior occurs all over in any place you can think of and will continue until something can be done about human genes.
- May 7, '12 by anotheroneQuote from pawsomepooch47Not much since she was off duty. Not sure, I would not care in the least, ASIDE from the pages not being answered. 2 days is more than enough I think, since she was off duty. The fact that they are marrried , not to each other, means NOTHING to me. Did anyone try knocking on the door?Recently, at our small community hospital, the only hospitalist on the 7p-7a shift wasn't answering his pager when a CCU nurse was looking for him about a patient. After several attempts to reach him, she went looking for him, thinking he might be sleeping(that's allowed) Upon hearing voices behind the sleep room door, she summoned the Nsg supervisor, who found the door to be locked. She in turn got a maintenance man to unlock the door. Behind the door, she found quite a sight. The hospitalist and an off duty nurse. She was naked, he scrambling for his clothes. Both are married--not to each other.
She was given a mere 2 days suspension. He works for a physicians group that staffs hospitals, and we have not seen him since.
She has worked for the hospital for many years. What do YOU think should happen to her?
- May 7, '12 by anotheroneQuote from ThePrincessBrideWould not have sex at work because of all the grossness in the facility- such as c-diff etc. But I would have knocked on the door loudly, a couple of times, where they being that loud that they couldn't knock the door? I really would not care AT ALL aside from the gossip factor, and that pages were not being answered.I still can't believe all the people here who are defending their behavior. I suspect some people in this thread who have done exactly what this couple did.
There is a time and a place for everything and having sex at your place of work is unacceptable....unless you are a porn star. What is wrong with some of you?!?