Sex in the workplace.....what do YOU think should be done? - Page 11Register Today!
- May 7, '12 by OnlybyHisgraceRNQuote from ktwlpnI was offered sex in a hospital once.We were both employee... I wasn't on the clock, he was. Even though I was young (16), I just didn't couldn't do it, not there....dang-I WISH I still had enough hormones in place to even WANT to do the nasty-at any time.
Now the lake, movies, and other places... no problem.
- May 7, '12 by cally527Quote from Paco69REALLY???? The hospitalist is the one who was affecting patient care.... he was the one not answering his page. He would have not answered the page regardless of who he was sleeping with.... be it a nurse, admin, housekeeper, or civilian.Fire her. Her presence in the hospital (by keeping the hospitalist away from his primary duties) indirectly affected patient care. Also, there are many unemployed nurses out there that would be more than happy to take her job and take it more seriously.
- May 7, '12 by P_RNOK noises. What IF IT WAS A DOC (OR PERVERT) WITH A YOUNG TEEN OR OLDER CHILD? huh?
- May 7, '12 by netglowSome kind of rookie, that hospitalist.
My niece's generation ...well, she can text with one hand, and do it without looking. She can text holding her phone inside her purse - so she tells me that's what she did in highschool. Apparently that hospitalist needs some skilllz. Just say'in.
- May 7, '12 by MerlynQuote from WildOneWhat stereotype, they do. In the 40 so years that I have been in this Wonderland. I've seen Nurse + Doctors, Nurse+Patient, Doctors+Patient, Patient + Patient.and Nurse+Nurse(Both females) in Day rooms, Exam Rooms, Parking Lots, Basements and Morgues. I just close the doors and went on my way. None of my business In no instance safety involved. Just people spreading their pollen.I feel bad for that nurse. Word will get around and she will prob get treated differently and get snide marks sent her way.
Now this is affirming the stereotype that nurses and doctors are having affairs at work. greeeat :P
- May 7, '12 by jadelpnQuote from P_RNThen I wouldn't be standing around listening at the door, then getting the supervisor, then getting the maitenence man. The key to all of this was that there was no knocking on the door, no loudly stating "Dr. so and so you are needed in CCU, Stat". Just some intent listening (CREEPY) and some ulterior motivation....What would have made this even better would be if they busted in to find the MD on the toilet or in the shower, with Grey's blaring on the TV......OK noises. What IF IT WAS A DOC (OR PERVERT) WITH A YOUNG TEEN OR OLDER CHILD? huh?
- May 7, '12 by RehabRNjcThis might be one of the most entertaining threads ever.
I wanna find a hospital with such a relaxed enviroment that people just sneak away and scrogg (is that a naughty word?). Must be a really relaxed facility where everyone wears whatever they want and the kitchen is always open. I don't get horny at work, I get hungry.
- May 7, '12 by chevyvQuote from MerlynEmesis basin quick!!!!What stereotype, they do. In the 40 so years that I have been in this Wonderland. I've seen Nurse + Doctors, Nurse+Patient, Doctors+Patient, Patient + Patient.and Nurse+Nurse(Both females) in Day rooms, Exam Rooms, Parking Lots, Basements and Morgues. I just close the doors and went on my way. None of my business In no instance safety involved. Just people spreading their pollen.
- May 7, '12 by pawsomepooch47Quote from BlueDevil,DNPWhat do you care about more when you're being paid to care for critically ill patients--your sex life or you patients life? There are plenty of other places to have sex...NOT at work!Oh come on kids. It's just sex. Who cares really. I agree with ther person who suggested the OP doesn't have all the facts, because it is just too lame and stupid to think any allegedly intelligent person would do that, or that the maintainence man would even agree to it! Between the three of them, I'd think at least he would have a lick of sense, lol. I also expect that they would have heard them working on the door. The tale just doesn't ring true. Unless they were being sneaky and wanted to catch them, in which case It hink those three ought to get fired. The lucky couple gets a high five from me too. Good for them.
Newsflash: I have sex when I'm on call, and guess what, they have to wait until I'm finished before I return the call. They also have to suck it up and wait if I decide to eat a meal, take a shower or use the toilet. Pretty much the only time I'll return a call or page immediately is if I was sleeping, and that's only because I wasn't busy doing something else, lol.
- May 7, '12 by pawsomepooch47Quote from ThePrincessBrideAnd i wholeheartedly agree!I still can't believe all the people here who are defending their behavior. I suspect some people in this thread who have done exactly what this couple did.
There is a time and a place for everything and having sex at your place of work is unacceptable....unless you are a porn star. What is wrong with some of you?!?