Sex in the workplace.....what do YOU think should be done? - Page 10Register Today!
- May 7, '12 by Psychtrish39Me too Dixie Lee.. me too... lol...
- May 7, '12 by JZ_RNI don't care what she does when she's off duty and he can spend his sleep time any way he wants but if he was paged he needed to pull up his pants and get himself ready to work.
Personally, though, ew. The hospital is so gross. Everywhere. Never lol.
- May 7, '12 by Not_A_Hat_PersonAll of this could've been avoided if the MD had returned his pages in a timely fashion. It probably wasn't the first time he has left the nurses hanging.
The nurse was off-duty, so I don't agree with suspending her. What she does on her own time should be her own business. That said, she showed very, very bad judgement. Why couldn't she and the MD get their freak on somewhere else?
I think an incident report is in order, along with a stern talking-to for the nurse; basically "Don't being your sex life to work, whether or not you're on the clock." The embarrassment, gossip, and damaged reputation should be punishment enough for the nurse. Let the MD's group deal with him.
If I was in the CCU nurse's shoes, I would've gotten the supervisor when I heard voices on the other side of the door, so I had a witness when the couple eventually came to the door. I had a non-nursing job where co-workers were sneaking off to have sex during their shift, leaving me to handle everything else by myself. I don't blame the CCU nurse one bit.
Long story short: don't poop where you eat.Last edit by Not_A_Hat_Person on May 7, '12
- May 7, '12 by GitanoRNQuote from not_a_hat_person100% agree with your statement... it reenforces my previous post on this subject.
long story short: don't poop where you eat.
- May 7, '12 by canoeheadIf he had been having sex with his wife, and she happened to be off duty, but employed by the hospital, would the situation be so shocking. Nope. So the shocking part is that they were both married. That my friends, is no-one's business. Discipline him for ignoring the pages, but who cares if he has an entire cheerleading team in there...MYOB is my motto.
- May 7, '12 by ktwlpndang-I WISH I still had enough hormones in place to even WANT to do the nasty-at any time.
- May 7, '12 by Dulce29I think suspension is okay.
although if the nurse was off dutty then I feel it is diffrent. Either way maybe they should have done that somewhere else.
- May 7, '12 by canesdukegirlOP, any thoughts?
- May 7, '12 by MeriwhenQuote from HeartsOpenWideI have to wonder, by the OP seeming disappointed that the suspension was just two days, if the OP is involved in this in some way, shape or form.Why are you so concerned about what should be done to her? Why is there no mention of what should be done to HIM? Its takes two to you know what...if anyone should be in more trouble its HIM, she was the one off the clock; not him. Her suspension was served, its non of your business of she should get a more harsh punishment. And why didn't the CCU nurse just knock?
Not saying the OP had wanted a piece of the action...but it seems like they have some connection to the whole situation, and I wonder what it is.
- May 7, '12 by OnlybyHisgraceRNQuote from classicdameThe BON will care less. I've contacted them with way more important things and didn't receive much as a response. Now if the nurse had sex with a pt. that is a different story...BOTH have moral issues and lack of judgment. But that is not against the law and you cannot reprimand unless it is against policy. The BON might be interested, but I would recommend contacting AMA as well.