Patient requestsRegister Today!
- by HeartsOpenWide Guide Oct 2, '12We all know patients can be demanding. What's your "favorite" patient request? Mine, an iPhone charger...
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=789963©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 11,279 Views
- Oct 2, '12 by meanmaryjeanA round of sodas for the visitors.
- Oct 2, '12 by classicdamenot to call or come in if her TV show was interesting
- Oct 2, '12 by noyesnoRearranging their bedside table for them. "This you can take, I don't need that. Can you place this over there and this over here?"
- Oct 2, '12 by teensmomI work in labor and delivery, one patient's request that when she had pain she'd like to use hospital-provided marijuana for pain relief. I told her that's not something we stock.
- Oct 2, '12 by bill4745From a Fast Track pt in our ER: a cappuccino.
- Oct 2, '12 by HeartsOpenWideQuote from teensmomLol. Ballsie request.I work in labor and delivery, one patient's request that when she had pain she'd like to use hospital-provided marijuana for pain relief. I told her that's not something we stock.
Different situation...What about Marinol? We gave it to one if our hyperemesis gravidarum patients once. We had her several weeks with a PICC line.
- Oct 2, '12 by DizzyLizzyNurseSince the kitchen was closed and all we had were cold sandwiches, could I go to said kitchen and fix her up something?
- Oct 2, '12 by *4!#6I had someone who asked me for an phone charger too!! I'm not even sure what kind of phone! I had to ask them to clarify what they meant, because I can't believe someone would think that we carried all varities of phone chargers on the unit!
I directed them to the visitor lounge phone in order to place any calls they needed.
- Oct 2, '12 by AltraI will say, though, that cell phone chargers would be a useful personal care item to have for sale in the hospital gift shop ... if they weren't so well stocked with holiday giftware and home decorative items.