My God, these family members!! - Page 17Register Today!
- May 10, '09 by RN1982Remember "the patient is the center of all we do"....even if it means nurses not peeing or eating...(insert eyes rolling here)...Apparently, this is acceptable in our line of work.Seriously, I hate these little slogans that hospitals come up with.Last edit by RN1982 on May 10, '09
- May 11, '09 by Ruby Veeit never ceases to amaze me how many people who swear they don't drink still manage to have dts. tonight's gentleman is definitely having dts, for all that he (and his family) insist he only has "one beer a week." i pity the poor nurse actually taking care of him -- i've fielded 7 (or 8) phone calls from family members in the last 45 minutes, every one of them insisting that "dad shouldn't be on an alcohol drip because he doesn't drink."
meanwhile, dad is hollering for someone to give him some money so he can go have a beer.
- May 11, '09 by eriksolnQuote from TurnLeftSideRemember "the patient is the center of all we do"....even if it means nurses not peeing or eating...(insert eyes rolling here)...Apparently, this is acceptable in our line of work.Seriously, I hate these little slogans that hospitals come up with.
LOL. I've heard some bad ones too. They are most often repeated by the ones who are in the door at 0705 (their start time being 0700), leave at 1425 (end time being 1430) and refuse to do OT or off shifts of any sort. You know the ones I am talking about, all the people swarming around M-F daylight with nothing to do........the ones with no actual function, just have a title to their name so here they are.
I got in trouble at my first job for answering "And if we all think happy thoughts, we can fly too". That annoyed administration, how dare I mock the slogans they spent years perfecting! Then I got written up when I added onto it "And if we think happy thoughts, we can fly too..........so I'm thinking you are outta my face right now, cause thats the happiest thought I can imagine right now."
Yeah, that one stayed on my record for a LONG time.
- May 11, '09 by LilPeonNo1i can see the billboards from here: "in our hospital we value your wants and needs so much so that our nurses never need to pee or eat, they only breath for the pleasure of serving you!"
lmao! i love it!
- May 11, '09 by Lovely_RNI had a good one yesterday in honor of Mother's Day. :spin:
Thank you dear complaining witch of a daughter for wasting our time with your nonsense. You come by basically every other day and whine about how we don't take good care of your mom. You claim to be a CNA but you never touch your mom or do one tiny bit of her care. Instead you refuse to leave the room when the aides are taking care of her and you hound and criticize them w/o mercy. Why did you make a huge stink about wanting to take your mom on an overnight pass for Mother's day? Why did you have to get the S.W and the M.D involved to get this order? Why did you waste my time and have me fill out all of these stupid forms and bag up your mom's meds with detailed explanations on how to administer the meds? Why did you do all of this just tell me when you came to pick her up (late) that you were going to bring her back before six because you don't have all of the "comforts" that we have for your mother. What comforts are those btw? You must have been talking about our backs and our hands because your mom weighs about 112lbs soaking wet and we don't even use a hoyer for her. All we do for this poor confused little old lady is change her incontinence briefs, feed, and medicate her....you mean you the great CNA can't even do that for 5 hours. Oh, you also need a supply of depends and a pack of wipes because you're too cheap to stop at the pharmacy?
I think a lot of family members like to make a big show about how much they care for the benefit of the staff. Please, we know better so stop wasting our time. Fine, you put your mom in a home because you can't take care of her by yourself. We can accept that and that's how we make our living. What burns is the constant criticism and the waste of our time with requesting things just for show.
- May 11, '09 by southernbeegirlQuote from TurnLeftSideand dont forget "and it is MY pleasure to not pee or eat just so i can take care of YOUR needs"Remember "the patient is the center of all we do"....even if it means nurses not peeing or eating...(insert eyes rolling here)...Apparently, this is acceptable in our line of work.Seriously, I hate these little slogans that hospitals come up with.
- May 11, '09 by Angie O'Plasty, RNQuote from southernbeegirlAnd don't forget -- we do all this because We Have the Time.and dont forget "and it is MY pleasure to not pee or eat just so i can take care of YOUR needs"
- May 11, '09 by southernbeegirl
- May 11, '09 by squeakykitty
- May 11, '09 by HippyGreenPeaceChick