Had to report my supervisor today
- 1Nov 8, '13 by txredheadnurseDue to some truly outrageous actions on the supervisors part I felt obligated to resign and to report the supervisor to the BON. This is the second time in my 39 years I have felt obligated to reported a fellow nursing professional to the BON. I resigned due to the blatant violations of policies and procedures I was instructed to participate in.
I am not going to go into to details because there is a possiblity that 1) patient confidentiality could be breached 2) I need to work and I will never get another job if word gets out that I am a "snitch" (whistleblower). I know it is supposed to be illegal to retaliate against a mandated report but there is a big difference between "supposed to be" and harsh reality.
Just needed to vent to fellow nurses.
- 5Nov 9, '13 by sissiesmamaOh! Good luck to u! It is SO hard to handle things when situations come up. I am glad that you were able to stand up and protect your patients. It's a hard road to walk .
Good luck looking for another job. It's definetly their loss, not yours.
- 4Nov 9, '13 by jadelpn GuideI swear I have no clue what ails people. Supervisors see nothing but dollar signs and ethics goes right out the window. It is a sad state of affairs. I can only imagine how shocked you are at the differences in nursing from 39 years ago until today. Because I am amazed at how everything has changed in the last 10 or so.
Best of luck to you in your future endevours. Ya think you will apply for a managerial position so that we can start getting some "been there, done that" managers for a change?!?!?!
- 2Nov 9, '13 by JesusKeepMeThat fact that you're doing the right thing instead of sitting back and watching whatever wrong you observed continue to be carried out says so much about your character and practice as an RN. I'm thankful that nurses like you exist, and hope to be in the hands of a nurse of your caliber if I ever need medical attention.
- 8Nov 9, '13 by txredheadnurseThanks to all of you for the support and good wishes. I have two interviews scheduled for next week and am going to contact an agency I have worked with in the past to see if there are any short term assignments to tide me over until I find the right fit. I left a position I really enjoyed because the constant overnight travel was wreaking havoc on the home front. I thought the job in question in my original posting was going to be a place where I could be home each day and do something fresh. I might not have a job at this very minute but I do still have my ethics and my license. Those are good things to have....just as important as a paycheck.