WSSU's 2013 ABSN Program - Page 8Register Today!
- Nov 28, '12 by tjolive2I created the group! Here is the link http://www.facebook.com/groups/123735281118935/ feel free to join the group if you are a member of the class beginning in January. Can't wait to meet everyone!
- Nov 28, '12 by idaniI've requested to join the group my profile picture is a table with lit candles.
- Nov 29, '12 by bsnhopefulncHey all...Terri Jo, I just sent you a friend request as well as requested to join the facebook group (my name is Kelly Hickling). Looking forward to meeting everyone...it's going to be a crazy year!
- Nov 29, '12 by bz122I'm curious.. did anyone take the intro to nursing course (NUR2310 I think) in the fall to get a head start? I won't be applying until fall of 2013 and was wondering if I should take the class that fall.
While I'm at it, what do you guys think about my chances of getting in? I haven't officially graduated yet but my major will be Business Admin from WSSU. I have a 3.5-3.6 GPA - It would be much higher but I transferred from Forsyth Tech and they don't count those classes while calculating GPA. I have taken two pre reqs and I am in two right now. I got a B in both Chemistry and Developmental Psych. I am in A&PI and should get an A, and Stats where I will probably get a very high B (unfortunately my teacher doesn't round up). I am planning on making a A in both A&PII and Micro, so that will leave me with 3 A's and 3 B's presumably. What do you guys think about my chances? From reading past post it seems like the way they accept students is very random, but I'm still wondering what you guys think. Thanks everybody.
- Nov 29, '12 by eacasu12I just sent a request to be added to the group. Question though, did anyone just receive the email talking about a December 1st transfer and second-degree student orientation? I didn't even receive a phone call or email letting me know I could RSVP to this. I am so excited for this program but feel like I have been in the dark on so much information that I need. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
- Nov 29, '12 by poniesoverpokerbz:
I would re-take classes until you have A's in your pre-requisites. Having a B in accounting would be much less concerning to the admissions committee in my opinion than B's in pre-requisites.
In addition to the pre-requisites I have taken nutrition, several psychology courses, environmental health (Molecular ID of Pathogens and Medical Entomology), Pathophysiology, and independent research. I also took Organic Chemistry at the 200 level rather than the Intro type organic chemistry. I tried to take, but wouldn't work scheduling wise, biochemistry, immunology, and epidemiology.
Good luck with your application!!!!