Winston Salem State UniversityRegister Today!
- by debthern May 21, '08Has anyone done their rn-->bsn program? Looking into it and wondered if it was good or not
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=304719©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 14,347 Views
- May 23, '08 by trjohnson0213i was a student there but did not complete has a great passing rate u need to to talk to **** or **** if i am not mistaken to find out what classes u need to take etcLast edit by VickyRN on May 23, '08 : Reason: For privacy sake, do not put personal names of school personnel in posts. Thank you.
- May 24, '08 by debthernI sent my questionaire and transcript so shoul hear from them soon
- Quote from debthernI'm at WSSU now taking my prerequisites for the ABSN program. Every nurse on my floor on nights did the ABSN program and they loved it. They did however all agree that WSSU lacked organization and I must say that in a way I agree with them especially considering I got my first degree from ECU and for the most part, they were on point.Has anyone done their rn-->bsn program? Looking into it and wondered if it was good or not
- May 28, '08 by trjohnson0213what r the prerequisites for the ABSN program at WSSU
- Quote from trjohnson0213Microbiologywhat r the prerequisites for the ABSN program at WSSU
a Computer class
and of course a previous degree in a field other than nursing
- May 28, '08 by trjohnson0213thats great I have already completed the prereqs i am not going the bsn route b/c its so many people trying to get in the program so I am going to get my degree in something else & go that route
- Quote from trjohnson0213So are you graduating December 08 or May of next year?thats great I have already completed the prereqs i am not going the bsn route b/c its so many people trying to get in the program so I am going to get my degree in something else & go that route
The ABSN program accepts only about 45 students each January. So you'd think it would be just as competitive if not more than the traditional BSN program.
- May 28, '08 by Zoesmom3I am looking at the accelerated program through WSSU as well. So far I'm getting the impression that they might not be as organized or as interested in speaking with potential students as UNC/CH or Emory, for example. I had appointments to speak with people at those schools within a week of my inquiry. At WSSU they are offering me an appointment 4 weeks down the road.
I am moving back to NC this summer and am trying to decide between Durham (Duke or UNC/CH options) or Winston-Salem (anything other than WSSU??? anyone knows of?)
Either way I go, I'll have 2 semesters of the pre-reqs to complete at the community college. As a 45 yr old I would like to choose a city where I think I could potentially stay and call home, and make it work rather than considering moving again in another year. I love everything about W-S except for the reservations I currently have about WSSU. Like the school options in Durham, but not the cost of living (for UNC at least.)
How many students DO apply to the WSSU program? Is it ridiculously difficult to get into?
- May 28, '08 by intelligentnewnurseI graduted from the accelerated program. Yes they are unorganized but I had a friend who went to UNC's accelerated program and said the same thing. They have a good pass rate. Duke's program is good but you have to pay tuition up front and then have to work it off over three years. UNC gives you money up front to pay tuition but it is very competitive and they only take around 60 people. They get more than 300 applications and want you to have community service. WSSU use to fund everyone and you had to work at Wake Forest Baptist now they only fund 30 and the rest have to come up with money on their own.