Watts School of Nursing June - Page 724Register Today!
- Hey, I was trying to talk myself into doing something at the gym too....haven't headed
that way yet...
Jeep - Have you done the study style test thingy yet? Does it have a question
for getting nauseated, hard to breath, fuzzy eyesight when testing???
PS - I found a book buyback website. Someone mentioned it on FB...It's
called Abebooks.com. They gave me lots more than Amazon. I'll only
charge you a 10% finders fee!!!
- Dec 12, '11 by Jennip"maybe i can go to the gym and get rid of all those extra pounds..."
Know what you mean, Jed...........I've got to stop eating so much!! All the stress of MOC kept me slimmer!!
I hope to get a job, then they will hopefully pay for my BSN. The only real advantage to having it is some jobs require it. The difference in pay is not that much. Eventually I may want to be a school nurse and most of them that I know have a masters. The last one I worked with is working on her doctorate.
But like you Jed, I have been concerned about finding a job once we're finished. I really want to get on with Durham Regional or Duke Health so I can take advantage of that tuition reimbursement!
- keyna- good tip!!! master's for school nurses???? i would like to eventually become a NP... just depends on how much school i can stand... not sure how working while trying to get a BSN will be, and since the VA is footing the bill for me right now... may as well go till my benefits run out... wifey graduates in May so that will be nice... so all in all if i have any hair left i really should keep going...
- as for me the VA center in Durham would be awesome!!!!! hire me!!! hire me!!!
- "not sure how working while trying to get a BSN will be, and since the VA is footing the bill for me right now... may as well go till my benefits run out... "
Yeah, that worried me too, working and school, cause you know it will be harder than our prereqs, don't you think? But you should go, Jeep, let them pay if you can!
- actually i think it'll be same ol BS as our prereqs... i don't think it will be too terrible... that being said, i'll be wrong and they honestly will have us take 15 more SOC classes... blah
- LOL....the do call it a BSN
- LOL!!!! true... true...
- soooo bored... ok, maybe i should find some hiking or bust out the ol' kayak... hmmm...
- Dec 12, '11 by rousseaubFinally got the credit for the old books and ordered the new ones. Funniest part is that for the soc book, I only got $1.00. Some sites wouldn't even take it back. Guess they don't like it any more than we did!! lol
Jeep, don't worry. You have the best shot out of all of us for getting the VA job. I put in applications for months for a NA position. Finally gave up. I think we will all get jobs with no problem.
As for the BSN, I thought they said at our first orientation, way back when, that by the time this class graduated Watts would have an online BSN program available.
Trying to work out my schedule for work. I'm enjoying my last few free week ends before I have to work them all. Not looking forward to that part, but I can do it for 2 years. Then just 17 hours left to fill during the week. Oh, what fun it will be!!! lol