Questions about RCC, DCCC and Forsyth TechRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Questions about RCC, DCCC and Forsyth Tech in North Carolina State Nursing Programs, part of North Carolina Nursing ... Hello everyone! I am a newbie here. I am getting all of my ducks in a row to get my ADN. I have an...by JennyNurse2B Aug 16, '11Hello everyone! I am a newbie here. I am getting all of my ducks in a row to get my ADN. I have an Associate Degree in Paralegal studies already, so I already have many of my supporting courses. I am going to apply to Davidson CCC, Randolph CC and Forsyth Tech. I have heard great things about Forsyth, but it is about a 30 minute drive for me.
My GPA for my previous degree was pretty bad because of some disagreements with one of the Paralegal instructors, but my grades for my ENG, PSY, CIS and HUM classes were great. Does anyone know anything about the Randolph or Davidson Co. programs?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=605813©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 872 Views
- Aug 20, '11 by ChayaChameleonI am in the ADN program at Randolph. What questions do you have? PM me if you have posted enough to have that privilege.
- Aug 20, '11 by JennyNurse2BUnfortunately I haven't yet. I was curious as to how difficult it was to get into the program. Most of my supporting courses are done, with all A's and one C, with the exception of A&P, but I am trying to get a late registration for an online A&P 1 class at DCCC. I'm really good with tests so I am not to worried about the HOBET.
How do you enjoy the program so far? I would love to get in to RCC because I live in Randolph Co, and it is the closest school to me. How far along are you? Are the clinicals at good locations?
I really appreciate any info you can give. If you prefer, you can email me at email@example.com.
- Aug 21, '11 by ChayaChameleoncheck your email...
- Aug 29, '11 by mamataraI graduated 3 years ago from Forsyth Tech and did like the program. It was difficult to get into (I had mostly A's and some B's)but we were the last class to not use TEAS testing for admission. One thing to be aware of is that Forsyth Tech right now is not NLN or CCNE accredited. Will that matter a majority of the time-NO. But in certain circumstances it will. I wanted to go Army reserves with my ADN, which army is the only branch that takes ADN, but could not due to the lack of nat'l certification.
- Aug 30, '11 by JennyNurse2BQuote from mamataraThanks for the heads-up. I spoke to one of the ADN admissions specialists at RCC today. She told me that it is not too difficult to get in there. She said that everyone who applied last term was accepted. That is a huge relief for me since I'm not going to be able to complete all of my supporting courses before classes start.One thing to be aware of is that Forsyth Tech right now is not NLN or CCNE accredited. Will that matter a majority of the time-NO. But in certain circumstances it will. I wanted to go Army reserves with my ADN, which army is the only branch that takes ADN, but could not due to the lack of nat'l certification.