Has anyone applied to Cape Fear's Nursing Program for 2012? - Page 2Register Today!
- Feb 16, '12 by wtc-wilmingtonAbout one month till we know!
- Feb 20, '12 by kbk1985Have you received your point count letter yet? I beleive I have a point count of 339 I have a feeling that might not be good enough, I just wish we knew something about the applicant pool. Have you heard anything??? Im freaking
- Feb 20, '12 by wtc-wilmingtonI haven't gotten anything yet. I believe that score would've gotten you in last year. I am right around your count. Probably be another couple weeks until they bring us in for a review.
- Feb 20, '12 by kbk1985I spoke with someone from cape fear and she said they haven't sent the letters for point count out yet, they wont go out until beginning March. Ugh!
- Feb 26, '12 by wtc-wilmingtonSO close but SO far away!! Have you applied to anywhere else?
- Feb 26, '12 by Courtney616Hi everyone... I'm also applying to cfcc for 2012 (again - i tried last year, but obv didn't get in) ...also waiting to hear from bcc... i have been waiting so long i hope one of the 2 schools will take me lol... so stressful....
i only have about 318 this year so... not lookin' so hot...
WTC - i remember you from last years post! lol
good luck to you all!!Last edit by Courtney616 on Feb 26, '12
- Feb 27, '12 by wtc-wilmingtonI applied to BCC also and haven't heard anything from them either. The lack of communication for the past four months is torture! Courtney616- never can tell what kind of applicant pool there is each year, I' pretty sure my number isn't too much off from yours. At BCC I have no idea how I stand, I think we should hear something from them and then go take an entrance exam, but that won't be our determining factor, rather they'll look at our GPA and classes we've already taken.
- Feb 27, '12 by kbk1985Hey Guys,
So I spoke with someone again at Cape Fear (Im sure they are getting sick of me but I dont care anymore) and they said about 400 applicants applied. Now if you remember over 500 applied last year, however, only 383 where available to move forward due to psb percentile cut offs. So I guess what Im getting at is there is a little positive, smaller applicant pool than last year. As far as my mind set goes, I am right there with yall. Waiting has been an absolute nightmare. She told me they were sending the point count letters out the first week in march and then the notification letters the end of March. So I guess we are in the short rows. I didnt apply to BCC because of the commute. If I dont get into Cape Fear I am going to load up on the rest of the classes needed and apply to UNCW in the Spring. I cant wait a whole year for Cape Fear, I would literally lose my mind.
- Feb 27, '12 by wtc-wilmingtonThanks for the the info! That does seem like positive news, even if just a little; it'll give me the fix I need to get through the next week. I'm with you on the commute for BCC, long little drive!
Also every one, if you haven't heard of a new program offered by UNCW/CFCC, it is called RIBN and is a four year program through both schools and you leave with a BSN. I have an email containing some info and contact information if anyone would like it. The program tends to favor those who haven't completed all of the coreq's that most of us have, but that doesn't exclude you. You must apply to UNCW soon though.
- Feb 28, '12 by kbk1985Yeah, I received that email as well, thanks. Ill have been looking at their deadlines as well just in case. Hopefully wont need that but yikes!